Player

Starting Grand Company Missions

can DoL join a Grand Company or do you have to be a DoW/DoM? the reason i ask is i'm leveling another alt just for DoL and i want the gear. i have no plans to level up a DoW/DoM on this alt. is it possible?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Some of the quests I believe require DoW/M to complete
    (1)

Player

Vader ~ "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    (0)

Player

what is the pre-req exactly to start the Grand Company Missions? level 20 or 25 and main story missions complete in your city? i can't remember. i might just have to bite the bullet and level a class up, because i need a chocobo too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    It's 25. Here is a good place to start searching for the details. Keep in mind that the GC crafting/gathering gear is mostly (all?) available only to some degree of Sergeant or higher, so you'll at the very minimum need a DoW/M at 45 to do the rank up quest. :-/
    (0)

Player

thanks! i appreciate the info. i hear it's a lot easier to level up nowadays. between leves and some PL'ing, i think it shouldn't take too long.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Why do you need a 2nd character for DoL? It's much more beneficial/convenient to have everything on one character. Either way crafted gear is in most cases much better than the DoL Company gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Estellios; 08-15-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    Why do you need a 2nd character for DoL? It's much more beneficial/convenient to have everything on one character. Either way crafted gear is in most cases much better than the DoL Company gear.
    having an alt is always something i knew i would do in this game eventually. i did the same in ffxi. i didn't do it sooner because the game (to me) had been terrible up until now from the launch. since they've been changing stuff more and more with the patches, i decided it was time since the game is miles better than it was at release.

the hardcore side in me can have my main setup on my pc and the alt on the laptop. it may not seem beneficial now, but maybe when 2.0 hits it will allow for some duo'ing like in ffxi (75 cap) days with newer content. i got CNJ to 25 last night so i could get my chocobo. i've decided on whm methinks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chlymera; 08-16-2012 at 04:32 AM.