Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jouten Asero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

FFXIV - Fan Service - What would you like to see from which Final Fantasy?

Since the great Yoshi-P mentioned that Final Fantasy XIV will contain content for the fans of the Final Fantasy series (such as the Crystal Tower from FFIII, the Coliseum from FFIV, and Chocobo's helping with battle from Final Fantasy Tactics), what kind of content would you like to see from what Final Fantasy? We should note that it will be adapted to fit into the lore of this numerical entry and that direct ports will obviously never happen (as speculated from other threads). We've obviously seen things such as the Enterprise from FFIV and "Judges" (the Imperial Legatus) from series pertaining to Ivalice being in the game but let's sound off below on what YOU would like to see.

I'd probably like to see an Opera House or a small rundown village full of liars from VI. Hopefully a Card Game from IX if I wanted to take a break from adventuring.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jouten; 08-13-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    FFIX - Crystal World
    FFXI - Ru'Aun Gardens - As we know Yoshida does like content that takes place in the sky and alluded to XI's 'Sky' as an eample.
    FFXIII - Gran Pulse style fields - Seeing herds of monsters roaming around and an obvious 'lobby' field that connects to many other locations.
    FFCC - Miasma type dungeons - Basically something that requires much more than just fighting, having a player or your chocobo dedicated to keeping the miasma away would make an interesting spin on dungeons granted the A.I is dumber than bricks.
    FFXI - Empyreal Paradox/Empyreal Paradox - Abyssea - Basically beautiful battle arenas that encompasses an entire storyline in one final showdown.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Damn, I was thinking about making this thread earlier this day too. Can't believe that you were the one to do it before me xD.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Castle Pandemonium from FFII, I would love to see an instance of it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The Phantom train from FF6 =D There is train tracks no?

I'd love to have a space type area/dungeon like the moon one from FF4.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Rad Nar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 16
    Blitzball.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Jouten Asero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    FFIX - Crystal World
    FFCC - Miasma type dungeons - Basically something that requires much more than just fighting, having a player or your chocobo dedicated to keeping the miasma away would make an interesting spin on dungeons granted the A.I is dumber than bricks.
    Well hopefully 2.0 changes their AI. Make it like FFIV where they do some really weird and complex things like casting reflect on itself to bounce the spells on it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawiichan View Post
    Damn, I was thinking about making this thread earlier this day too. Can't believe that you were the one to do it before me xD.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Castle Pandemonium from FFII, I would love to see an instance of it.
    Surprised it wasn't made earlier! I searched but only came across foreign threads or that one thread with the dude who has that ridiculous Final Fantasy collection.

Mmmmm...they could also add Ultros,Typhon, or Gilgamesh somehow. That'd be amusing as hell to see.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    I wouldn't mind seeing reiterations of previous FF locations/things, but I don't want to see this game base itself solely on that. I want more original ideas from the team as well.

That said, something similar to the Skycity of Bhujerba.

EDIT: Also Gilgamesh. Not FFXI's version either. I mean FFV. The one who traverses dimensions. He would actually make sense, since The Void is a common thing in the FF titles. Hell, we have voidsent in XIV. Come on Gilgamesh BCNM gogogo.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ruisu; 08-13-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I want to see the game stand on its own two feet without a bunch of silly fanservice crutches.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Jouten Asero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    I'd dig to see a Phantom Forest as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing reiterations of previous FF locations/things, but I don't want to see this game base itself solely on that. I want more original ideas from the team as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I want to see the game stand on its own two feet without a bunch of silly fanservice crutches.
    Of course! Each of the Final Fantasy's in the past had a list of things that made them special. I really want that, but as each series come out, something get's carried along that almost resonates with the series. But I hear ya and I definitely want this to be an entry that we remember through something that has never been seen in another Final Fantasy rather than rehashing old ideas.

But again, this thread is for mentioning ideas that would be neat to see in this entry, not something we're going to want to see forced in game or else we won't play it. I'll be happy either way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jouten; 08-13-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Oolan Anlyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post

I'd love to have a space type area/dungeon like the moon one from FF4.
    Would love to see the Phantom Train!

For me....

FFVII - Golden Saucer
    (6)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast