Player

Market Retainer Confusion

I'm excited, I just D/L'ed FFXIV a week or so ago and LOVE it. It doesn't replace my fondness for FFXI, but it is still a good game considering all the neg. press.

One thing I'm struggling with is the absence of an AH.

For example, I understand how to use a retainer. But, I'm having issues of searching for new gear to buy. I don't know where, which ward or anything.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    Gnaeus
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Is there something specific you're looking for? The locations for items are supposedly to be relatively self-explanatory. DoW weapons in the Battlecraft Ward, DoM weapons in the Spellcraft Ward, etc.

Here is a full list of the wards and what can be searched for within each of them. http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Market_Wards

If you go to the "Item Search" option (either by going to either end of any market ward area, or going to a specific city's Mercantile House), you can search for things by what ward specializes in that type of item.

Don't expect to find what you're looking for simply by perusing the bazaars of a ward. You'll definitely need to use the Item Search function.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 08-14-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Damnlama Alterar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    As Raido stated if you go into each nations merchantile house and click on an appropriate category you can browse all items in that category. However, what I usually do is go to mooglebox and search for gear on that site. Once I find the piece of gear I want I will then go into the Mercantile house and type that item name into the search box at the top of the window and it will pull up a list of everyone selling it and where they are located (there is even an option to put a star next to all NPC's with that item so they are easier to find later).

If you are buying low level gear for starting out I would just stick with Ulduh and buy it there. If you are getting into the lvl 40-50 gear I would go to each nations house and search for it to find the lower price. Usually Ulduh is is comparably priced or the only nation that has an item, but sometimes you can find it cheaper in the other two nations.

2.0 is supposed to make it so that you can search all the nations at a time but until then it is kind of a laggy process to find the best deal. Hope this helps
    (0)