World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Stardust Rod

Stardust Rod
    Macro Command
    /equip mh "Stardust Rod"

Two-Handed Thaumaturge's Arm (Main Hand)

Requires: BLM
    Required Level: 50
    Damage: 74 (Blunt: 100%)
    Delay: 4.3s (Attacks: 1)
    DPS: 17.2
    Intelligence: +45
    Attack Magic Potency: +30 Enfeebling Magic Potency: +20
    Magic Crit Rate: +35
    Increases Flare damage over time
    Condition Repair Materials Repair Class Not Meldable
    146400 / 146400 Grade 5 Dark Matter Goldsmith (40) Not Convertible

Please, is there anyway that the Enfeebling Magic can be replaced with Magic Accuracy? At first I thought this is an amazing weapon, until a linkshell mate brought it to my attention that there was no magic accuracy was on it.

Seriously enfeebling magic skill has to be the most useless stat in the entire game, and it greatly diminishes this staff's usefulness, compared to weapons that have magic accuracy that you need to double/triple meld Intelligences Materia to, which could significantly be much easier to than to get this staff.

Please, can it be changed?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Enfeebling Magic helps:

Flare's DoT to land
    Blizzard's chance to inflict Heavy
    Thundara's chance to inflict Stun
    Blizzara's chance to inflict Bind

But yeah, it's totally useless.
    (12)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 08-14-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: to make people happy-point still stands

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Yeah trying doing them more than 2 times on mobs without killing them in mere seconds, or see if they work on bosses. Cause they don't.

It doesn't matter how much you stack of it either.

One you'll gimp your overall damage.

Two, the first cast is the only effective cast, all others after the first are less effective.

Sleepga is the only worthwhile enfeeble and after 2 casts, mobs will become immune.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    Enfeebling Magic helps:

Sleep and Sleepga to stick
    False. This is dependent on magic accuracy.

Enfeebling potency does however affect the chances of other added effects, like those you listed, and may affect their duration and/or potency, as you correctly mentioned.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Enfeb affects everything that has a "chance to do _____". Sleep isn't affected by it because the sleep itself gets resisted, thus making it magic accuracy. It is true, the enfeb is mainly useful for the flair DoT, which by the way is pretty sick with the stardust rod.

To be honest, I think these weapons were balanced towards the 2.0 client. I'm mainly thinking this because they said stat stacking isn't going to be as useful as it is now in 2.0, so putting magic accuracy on a head piece may actually be better than putting int. Which is also another reason why I think the Darklight Cowl is currently junk.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kenseto Byakara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    Enfeebling Magic helps:

Flare's DoT to land
    Blizzard's chance to inflict Heavy
    Thundara's chance to inflict Stun
    Blizzara's chance to inflict Bind

But yeah, it's totally useless.
    Realistically though, most of these enfeebles don't see a lot of practical application in current content. Flare is used primarily for trash mobs in areas such as AV and CC, in which the mobs die from the initial damage of flare, and not the DoT. You might use blizzard to inflict heavy on Miser, but a well geared party with 6 MNKs will burn Miser before it ever has a chance to move anyway, not to mention their ability to rotate stuns.

In all honesty, 20 points of enfeeb pot. translates to what exactly? I doubt it has a very large influence on the limited enfeebs currently present in the game. That is unless they place a larger emphasis on enfeebling magic for BLM post-ARR.

Broken down, Stardust vs. Van, you'd have to make up 25 points of M.Acc somewhere else (ring or head) with the Stardust for a gain of 15 INT, not worth it point for point imo. However, the Stardust does get +35 M.Crit rate, +50 conserve MP and +30 Attack Potency. You do get -30 enmity on the Van, but that really only translates to a 3% decrease in enmity/attack.

Stardust Rod by itself is BIS, but not by much. A tri-meld Electrum Sceptre (not as hard to do as some might believe) with 3x Tier III 15s won't beat, but will definitely be competitive with a Stardust Rod, plus you get a choice of shield. A Van even more-so. I'd like to see a skilled BLM parse a Garuda Van vs. Stardust Rod on someone like Garuda during nothing but the burn phase, same gear set up for both weapons. It may be significant, but I doubt it's a huge difference.

At the end of the day, looking at how much time and effort goes into getting a Relic weapon, I think I'd like a little more bang for my buck. Stardust is a good weapon, but not the most attractive out of the relics.
    (1)

Player

Just face it, its shit. Get the relic Axe, Bow, or Sword.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I don't intend to raise i disciple of War, they're all boring.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Could be worse!

(9)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    LOL It could be worse I guess. Just wish there was finally a good Blm/Thm weapon.

One with stats in Int and Magic Acc/pot. You know things that effect our main source of damage. Not something that's hardly used.

The whole mixing with Damage/Enfeeble skills needs to stop, and same with gear for casters having 1 set that has both Healer stats and DD caster stats. Please Separate the two an make them have one set designed for each.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast