Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stardust Rod

Player

Build your gear around your relic. They're all BIS, deal with it.
    (7)
    Scarface Champion, back from the dead.....AGAIN... 3 strikes and I'm out? Lawl
    http://perfection.guildwork.com/

Someone hurt my feelings today, this is what I did to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Reported them

Quote Originally Posted by fmonkey13 View Post
    This sounds awesome!! Can't wait to esperience it!!

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Build your gear around the AF weapon, so build more enfeeble skills to get laughed at for giving up damage to do the enfeebles?

Or Give up Intelligence for magic accuracy unless I manage to get all triple melds or higher to make up the difference?

:/ I don't think there is ever gonna be a good weapon for black mage/Thaumaturge at this rate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    What the hell? Garuda and Relic weapon aren't good enough for you?

Get your head out of your ass and eat Magic Accuracy food and wear magic accuracy rings or a headpiece, Jesus.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    What the hell? Garuda and Relic weapon aren't good enough for you?

Get your head out of your ass and eat Magic Accuracy food and wear magic accuracy rings or a headpiece, Jesus.
    Would I be making this thread if the weapon was good enough?

I just want one good weapon. One that has a very High Int/Mag acc/Magic Pot. Do you think Darklight is the Best in slot gear for mages, cause it said it was the best gear in-game by rep so that's why it's apparently so hard to get. Yet that thing is absolutely terrible.

The intelligence on the Stardust rod is amazing, but what good is it, if you get resisted? I don't care about the flare, enhancement. Enfeeble skill is god damn worthless. Magic Crit is mehish, can be handy sometimes. But i would give up enfeeble skill and the flare enhancement in a heartbeat for 40+ Magic Accuracy.

Then that would be the best thing ever for black mage, you couldn't meld something better than that. That is the kind of weapon I want. If it's supposed to be the best, then it needs to be the best. It shouldn't be the best only cause of two useful stats that you could make something almost comparable to it. Especially if it takes that much effort to get.
    (4)

Player

The fact is that all relics are BIS. Deal with it.

Again, gear up AROUND your relic. IE: Double INT head and single M.acc for triple meld.

Mage's Choker instead of ele choker (add's to the crit build from relic) as well as 15macc.

Buttons in a blanket. +34macc.

Instead of melding shitpoop INT/PIE to legs, invest some gil and do INT/MND to get the extra M.acc

Conserve MP +50???

Step your game up man. Also, funny how you bash relic, but haven't even done a 17min run?

BEST IN SLOT, hands down. Get good.
    (5)
    Scarface Champion, back from the dead.....AGAIN... 3 strikes and I'm out? Lawl
    http://perfection.guildwork.com/

Someone hurt my feelings today, this is what I did to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Reported them

Quote Originally Posted by fmonkey13 View Post
    This sounds awesome!! Can't wait to esperience it!!

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierBlade View Post
    The fact is that all relics are BIS. Deal with it.

Again, gear up AROUND your relic. IE: Double INT head and single M.acc for triple meld.

Mage's Choker instead of ele choker (add's to the crit build from relic) as well as 15macc.

Buttons in a blanket. +34macc.

Instead of melding shitpoop INT/PIE to legs, invest some gil and do INT/MND to get the extra M.acc

Conserve MP +50???

Step your game up man. Also, funny how you bash relic, but haven't even done a 17min run?

BEST IN SLOT, hands down. Get good.
    I am not bashing it badly, I just think it could be better with another stat, besides a useless one like the flare/enfeeble stat. That is a waste and one other stat could have made it greatly better.

Xavier, I assure you I am making alot of effort to get double melds and and HQ jewelry.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post
    I am not bashing it badly, I just think it could be better with another stat, besides a useless one like the flare/enfeeble stat. That is a waste and one other stat could have made it greatly better.

Xavier, I assure you I am making alot of effort to get double melds and and HQ jewelry.
    It's similar to the monk relic. It has mainly 1 really good stat and the rest are just a bonus (though the 5 refresh is pretty damn nice). However with the monk relic I'm forced to gear my monk around it to get enough acc. The monk, warrior and black mage relics are all quite demanding compared to the other four, however that doesn't mean that if you work on it the weapon won't do you any good. Only downside so far that I've seen towards my monk relic is that the lvl 63 H-1 is quite hard to fight since accuracy is highly mandatory against him.

By the way I wouldn't dismiss the flare dot increase that easily. The jump in damage/increased chance of landing can easily make your flare do an extra 200-250 damage per mob.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenseto Byakara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    I think the issue is not "what's BIS", because that's obvious. What I had a hard time with was deciding which Relic to pursue, since you're going to put a LOT of time and effort into obtaining even one Relic. If I'm going to put that much effort into something, I want to get the one that gives me the highest return. Stardust Rod would be great, but I'll go for something else first. Even if BLM was my primary, I'd probably settle with my Garuda's Van for now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenseto Byakara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Btw Dawiichan, I lol'd at your sig.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Battle Angel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    A little off topic. (I did'nt want to make a new thread)

I'm building a new gear set, in anticipation for my stardust rod. Currently my End Game stat's are:

397 int ~> 410 (w/ Stardust)
    479 m.acc ~> 449 (w/ Stardust)
    519 m.atk ~> ~523 (w/ Stardust)

I mainly like using m.atk food. With the stardust i will loose 30 m.acc, and gain 13 int.

Looking over things it looks like I will short on stat's somewhere, what do you think the best compromise is? Do you think it will be best using 2 x coral rings to make up the m.acc, change over to m.acc food, or make a new head item w/ 30+int, and 20+ m.acc?
    (0)

F*** yeah, green apples!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast