Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aravix Shatterheart
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

ARR: Can PC players play on PS3 with this account?

That's a question I want answered. My computer is ass. Well, maybe not but FFXIV lags horribly at points. And I use low settings. While I do use a 5 or 6 on character drawing thing I only do that so it doesn't look like shit.

But ARR will be out for PS3 so... You think I would be able to use this account on the PS3 version? Like use the good on my account...?

If not I'll be pissed as ARR will probably run even slower as it looks better. >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Felix Valmont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Aravix View Post
    That's a question I want answered. My computer is ass. Well, maybe not but FFXIV lags horribly at points. And I use low settings. While I do use a 5 or 6 on character drawing thing I only do that so it doesn't look like shit.

But ARR will be out for PS3 so... You think I would be able to use this account on the PS3 version? Like use the good on my account...?

If not I'll be pissed as ARR will probably run even slower as it looks better. >.<
    if having a centralized account is anything to go on then, yes you can. the Square Enix account management works in many ways like a cut down PoL.

you would still have to pay for the game disc though....that is unless you have a CFW PS3, then you could just torrent the game and install it to the PS3's HDD, then sign into your current account. thats 40 bucks in your pocket for the subcription.
    (0)
    Last edited by Valmonte; 08-12-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Player

You'll be asked to log in, and your characters will be there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Holy Dragoon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Should not be a problem at all, you'll have to purchase the PS3 game though so you have a client copy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Then you have a free code to give/sell to someone =)
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    Then you have a free code to give/sell to someone =)

That is incorrect.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...&c=0&sc=0&so=4

SE requires you to have a PS3 version registered on your account to play on PS3. SE answers the OPs question very clearly here. This came up before they they already told us if you want to play on multiple platforms you have to have a code registered for each one its not like FFXI where 1 code got you PC, PS2 and 360 access.

So basically you can use your same characters on PC and PS3 however you have to have a code registered for each platform you want to play on with your SE account.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    That is incorrect.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...&c=0&sc=0&so=4

SE requires you to have a PS3 version registered on your account to play on PS3. SE answers the OPs question very clearly here. This came up before they they already told us if you want to play on multiple platforms you have to have a code registered for each one its not like FFXI where 1 code got you PC, PS2 and 360 access.

So basically you can use your same characters on PC and PS3 however you have to have a code registered for each platform you want to play on with your SE account.
    Ah, didn't know they had that infomation up :P. So when you register the PS3 code, it's still on 1 account? and you can play FFXIV: ARR as you normally would? And you won't get billed twice?
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Jamison Rahl
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I remember reading before that you'll need both codes, but that just seems so strange to me. So I'm at my friends place, and I can't log in because mine is a PC account and his is a PS3? Maybe they are just hoping for a little extra cash from folks who will want to have access on both?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    it kinda makes sense because you kinda have to do the same with netflix i have net flix on 3 units ps3 3ds and wii and i had to register them all with netflix to be able to use the software for each unit
    (0)
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I'm sure you can play on PS3 with the same account. But you need the PS3 client first.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast