Player
    Character
    Hlessali Runari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60

Free Companies and Banks

So, some friends of mine were talking and we were wondering if there is going to be a bank system for the Free Companies. A system where members and directing members can deposit items, gear, or gil to be contained for distribution without clogging everybody's retainer or storage. Is there something like this in the works or will we have company retainers to fill that role?
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    .... save me raptor jesus, the stupid is getting more aggressive!

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Potential New Job for 2.0: Embezzler
    Make it happen SE

Player
    Character
    Neurosis Neuroticus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    I think it would be a decent idea for free companies to have a bank. In essence our free companies are going to work similar to guilds in other various mmo's. Or at least that's how I understood it. So having a bank that leaders can control but also gives your other members the ability to deposit or withdraw from would be extremely helpful. Adding the ability to put in parameters as far as how much can be taken out etc. would be beneficial. Can anyone who had an EGLS in XI say they did not have a guild bank? No.. This would also let players see the total of what's in the bank.

And for the love of redneck baby Jesus... If you are going to troll and give a useless response at least try to make it somewhat entertaining.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    various possibility
    what if LS leader decide to draw the money and use it as he like
    what if LS leader transfer the money to his secret account off shore
    what if LS leader suddenly quit the game, and he's the only one that hold the vault combination

the point is, a join ownership/account/w.e sounds interesting. but there always someone who will use it for his own benefit

Player
    Character
    Asael K'ni'roux
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    So, some friends of mine were talking and we were wondering if there is going to be a bank system for the Free Companies. A system where members and directing members can deposit items, gear, or gil to be contained for distribution without clogging everybody's retainer or storage. Is there something like this in the works or will we have company retainers to fill that role?
    Star Trek Online has a really good system like this...would be nice if SE took a look at it and possibly expand on it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hlessali Runari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by rina_inverse View Post
    various possibility
    what if LS leader decide to draw the money and use it as he like
    what if LS leader transfer the money to his secret account off shore
    what if LS leader suddenly quit the game, and he's the only one that hold the vault combination

the point is, a join ownership/account/w.e sounds interesting. but there always someone who will use it for his own benefit
    These are possible abuses that could happen regardless of the bank system, not just for this particular suggestion in general. They are have their points of validity .. BUT .. there's not use crying about the cons without fully looking at the pros, which you did on the outset with your childish trollery. (yes I made that a word!)

That being said it's simply a query, with a hint of suggestion in considering options unless there's already something in the works. Nothing more.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    .... save me raptor jesus, the stupid is getting more aggressive!

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    I just mention the worst possibilty, thats all

Character
    Blueberry Haze
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Allistar View Post
    Star Trek Online has a really good system like this...would be nice if SE took a look at it and possibly expand on it.
    and this is why star tek onlin mmo tanked
    (0)

Character
    Blueberry Haze
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    ok a. bad idea b. it would make ppl quit the game if it was implemented and we need ppl to play this game and it was never in 11 c.bad idea honstly do you relly want some one who you dont know in real life to have a key to your place . you work hard to get sruff in game that takes months to even get and one day some d bag come and take it all away how would you feel then ... answer you would rage quit in a heart beat and this is a vary bad idea
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neurosis Neuroticus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Ok.. First off.. Not a bad idea. I can count hundreds of people over the career of playing XI who would cry because their LS leader for a say Dynamis/EGLS would just disband the group and keep all the profits or him/herself. So here's the thing... It's not going to be all your money. I'm not saying all your funds/treasure is tied to your free company. It's purely donated gear/gil. Or if you work towards something that no one needs and you decide as a group to sell it for the free company. Not everyone is so untrustworthy. Having a bank would allow a free company to store things as a group. And see what's there. Seriously how bitter do you have to be that you can only think of negative stuff. People aren't going to quit over this.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neurosis; 08-13-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast