Character
    Vaze Darkbound
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

Glad DD?

Hi Everyone!

I just came back to the game a few weeks ago as I decided I wanted to see as much of the Grand Company and Path of Twelve storyline as I could before 2.0 launches/1.0 shuts down. I had originally planned to level Conj/WHM so I was leveling Glad for Sentinel, but then I saw the announcement that the Goobbue mount would go away next so I pushed on to 30 on my Glad.

Somewhere in those 30ish levels I came to really enjoy playing as a glad so I was wondering if anybody took it as DD for fights anymore or if it was mostly just used as PLD for tanking. I love the class, but based on other games I've played I'm only a decent tank at best.

Thanks in advance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Gladiator, sadly, is not a very good damage dealer. Right now it has the lowest DPS weapon out there, it's one biggest damage combo has a very large cooldown (well, no, Rage of Halone can be used often but look at it's accuracy), the Paladin's strongest attack requires the enemy to be actively targetting you as well as it requires a block.

I mean, okay, I'll be sincere. I still want to gather up my friends, put on Gladiator, gear up for damage and see if I can play offense with it. But that's far from even remotely close to optimal.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vaze Darkbound
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Yeah that's more or less what I'd heard but I wasn't sure how old that info was and if anything had changed since then.

Guess I'll have to look into LNC and maybe one day go back and try my hand at tanking with Paladin.

Thanks for the answer
    (0)