Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Ability Values in Enmity List

As I mentioned before, I'm working on an in-depth analysis of threat generation as a function of time in different builds. Before posting any results, I wanted to make sure i have my numbers right. I've looked through several posts and done some in game testing, but if you think its wrong let me know so I can do my calculations correctly.

Provoke: 550
    Flash: 400
    Rampart: 160 Per Person Buffed with hate greater than 0.
    Wardrum: 363 ~ 400 per mob hit.
    Spirits Within: Damage x 2.5
    Flat Blade: Damage x 5.5
    Sentinel: Damage x 1.1 Does not affect abilities.

Hallowed Ground: 1100
    Divine Viel: ???

Ps: Slightly off topic: What's the modifier on Skull Sunder, anyone know?
    (2)
    Last edited by PiedPiper; 08-12-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    I think your numbers are off.

I'm "fairly" sure flash and voke are both 500 emnity. flatbade combo is x4.5 and rampart i thought was 240 per person buffed with hate more than zero and divided amoungst the number of actively engaged mobs.

divine viel doesn't generate hate and if i recall any emnity from the divine regen is procced onto whoever triggered it. i.e the whm/brd that cast the cure and not the paladin.

don't have any supporting evidence of these numbers though hence why i only said "fairly"
    (0)

Player

no flash does not equal provoke

and I'm pretty sure basic abilities like invigorate/divine veil/aegis boon etc each generate a basic amount of enmity like 15 or 20 give or take.
    (3)
    Last edited by Tango; 08-10-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    This link and This one

this is quite old information but seems to be the most informative stuff i've found. If there is something more recent that i haven't seen i'd be interested to see it. my belief that flash / voke were the same came from here somewhere i'm not going to scroll a thousand topics to find it. but some of the numbers in tose links are different to what you have.

again though the info isn't the most upto date. I would however truly appreciate a link to something alot more recent is possible
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
    As I mentioned before, I'm working on an in-depth analysis of threat generation as old in different builds......
    The numbers look pretty good.

It would be nice to know how much MND actually changes the Multipliers though. I'd guess those values are with around 240 MND.

Spirits Within Combo gives it a bonus of 1.5x (Therefore 2.5x damage)
    Flat Blade Combo gets a bonus of 4.5x (Therefore 5.5x damage)
    For anyone that is confused by the wording.
    Not sure on Skull Sunder.
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-11-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Naomi Onisake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'm not positive how the enmity values have evolved. I know shortly after beta, the best way to hold hate was to spam abilities. it didn't matter what they did, just spamming a random ability generated a significant amount of hate.

While XPing yesterday (duo leve party) with a MRD yesterday I noticed that lightshot generated a set amount of enmity in addition to the damage it delt. so to a degree this may still be true. the values may just be significantly lower. mrd could engage with an attack and deal ~220 damage. I could light shot for ~140 and pull hate. we hypothesized because it was ability+damage it generated more hate than just AAing. neither of us had enmity modifiers.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    This link and This one

this is quite old information but seems to be the most informative stuff i've found. If there is something more recent that i haven't seen i'd be interested to see it. my belief that flash / voke were the same came from here somewhere i'm not going to scroll a thousand topics to find it. but some of the numbers in tose links are different to what you have.

again though the info isn't the most upto date. I would however truly appreciate a link to something alot more recent is possible
    From your own link, the one where stanislaw translates and I do trust and have personally tested ( in some capacities ):

"Conclusion:
    Provoke generates approx 550 Enmity.
    Flash generates approx 380 Enmity."

The most amazing conclusion I can show based on this small amount of data and the knowledge that a spirits within at full health does 400+ dmg to every boss in game shows that in 1minute cycles a tank can keep single target hate above 47.667 per second (ie DD's can shoot for 47dps if the tank simply keeps voke/flash/SW on cooldown) if you can't keep hate from DD's doing 50~'ish DPS on any mob you need to re-evaluate the basics. I only mention this because in many pickup groups doing Ifrit I find hate is always an issue and I am usually parsing upper 30's low 40's when I find the tank struggling to hold hate.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tango; 08-11-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    seems everywhere i look the numbers are different. even in your paladin guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Enmity Priorty Cycle:
    1. Provoke (750apx enmity)
    2. Flash (400apx enmity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    and here From your own link, the one where stanislaw translates and I do trust and have personally tested ( in some capacities ):

"Conclusion:
    Provoke generates approx 550 Enmity.
    Flash generates approx 380 Enmity."
    this sort of fits with my original belief that both generated 500. (something i'd read somewhere here) there seems to be so many numbers going around which ones are right?

this is kinda why i'd asked if there was something more current and comprehensive.

also note my quotes aren't aimed at you personally but just a easy to find example of how different numbers are all over the place.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dzian; 08-11-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    It's pretty easy to see that provoke and flash aren't equal. Have a paladin flash some monsters. Provoke one. It comes to you every time. You can have the paladin smack it with a level 1 sword and it'll still come to you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    Because of the large enmity bonus they receive I would also like to know how STR/MND affect Flat Blade and what, if anything, besides HP affects Spirit's Within. I seem to remember reading that there is a MND bonus in there somewhere. Also, I was under the impression that Sentinel added a flat +100 enmity for damage while in effect, which is slightly different than a 1.1 modifier. I haven't tested anything, this is just what I recall from reading old enmity tests.

When it comes to generating enmity on PLD, the big variable in deciding how to gear is what is PLD damage like in various situations? In particular Flat Blade. I'd love to see some parse damage numbers in different gear against a few different mobs. Say Mistress Miser and Chimera to pick two important ones. STR/MND gear vs "other" gear to see how much the damage numbers change. Overall dps but also Flat Blade numbers.
    (0)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast