Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    In light of this, I will go with the slightly more conservative 380 value of flash, and keep the rest. To be honest, a few points either way on the value of one of those ability isn't going to massively change total threat generated (for example, most of my samples have been in the 26-28 thousand enmity range, so even 2 or 300 points difference is not a crippling error.) As long as we all use the same values to compare it should still provide useful data.

Also, from a purely "I want to generate as much enmity per second as possible" standpoint, I am not actually convinced that different builds for different fights are necessary. After all, damage will scale constantly based on boss defense. An example is that a DD pld will hit both Miser and Chim for more than a low str PLD, but that low STR pld will still hit Miser for more than they do Chim. If your build is focused on enmity it will scale in the same way on both bosses.

And while I will bring this up again in the actual "here is my data" post, please include the largest amount of damage done to the boss in question, so we can get a feel for how much enmity you needed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuma Akuma
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I don't see the point of using Flat Blade anymore. Yes the multiplier is high, but the damage is so freaking low -____-
    (0)
    (>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Player

I was able to get flat blade up to 40 avg on ifrit. Full DPS setup but worth a look.
    (0)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by KumaAkuma View Post
    I don't see the point of using Flat Blade anymore. Yes the multiplier is high, but the damage is so freaking low -____-
    I usually just spam it when my recast's are down on all my other WS's. I can understand why flat blade does low damage, because you hit them with the Flat of the blade, but it was a horrible choice for our Enmity Combo. Maybe if it had a chance to stun it would be more worthwhile.
    (1)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I was able to get flat blade up to 40 avg on ifrit. Full DPS setup but worth a look.
    That's nice, 220 Enmity per hit.

I know with just AF and Ifrit's Blade it's around 10-12 damage average for Flat Blade on Ifrit (I think 10 is the Floor). So 66 Enmity per hit. (sad face)

So I wonder if you could estimate if it's better than ENM+ for the effects on Flash/Provoke. (Ifrit Fight)
    - 30 Second Enmity Cycle, Flash, Provoke, Flat Blade Combo (20% Extra ENM) 2311
    - 30 Second Enmity Cycle, Flash, Provoke, Flat Blade Combo (DD Setup) 2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    I usually just spam it when my recast's are down on all my other WS's. I can understand why flat blade does low damage, because you hit them with the Flat of the blade, but it was a horrible choice for our Enmity Combo. Maybe if it had a chance to stun it would be more worthwhile.
    Flat Blade is pretty amazing. I think it would be "Just Right" if they reduced the TP amount to 500 from 1000 on Fast Blade.
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-14-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    Flat Blade is pretty amazing. I think it would be "Just Right" if they reduced the TP amount to 500 from 1000 on Fast Blade.
    Doubtful because that means we'd also be able to freely spam Savage/Goring Blade for 500tp as well. That's why I'd prefer they move the combo modifier to Savage Blade that way we could get a solid Enmity return from the damage dealt and we can follow through with Goring Blade. Then we can turn Flat Blades combo modifier into more of a utility setting to help us out such as high chance to Stun, Silence, Paralyze, Atk. Down, Def. Down or maybe just a 15-30 second duration Enrage to increase enmity generation like Sentinel and Antagonize's effect.
    (1)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Just thought I'd post some of my findings on MND vs. Combo Multipliers. See if PiedPiper is getting any similar results.

So far, with Giantsgall Longsword 317 MND (Over Cap) my Multiplier on Flat Blade Combo, is a bonus of 4.5x
    with a hit of 286 (1573 ENM with a 4.5x Bonus), it took ~1600 damage from Auto-Attacks to pull hate.
    (Was with a Monk doing 48-52 each punch)

I thought I read that the initial testing was only 240ish MND and generated the same result.

I'll test again with a lower MND value to see if the Multi is lower.

Will have to do another test for Spirits Within because it also uses a combo multiplier.

I suspect MND does nothing but increase WS damage, which unless your STR is capped. STR>MND

Time to start a STR + ENM Camp?
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-18-2012 at 01:50 AM.
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I seem to recall them saying that MND had a direct effect on the combo multipler for Flat Blades effect, however judging from your test it might be ridiculously easy to hit by 50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    I seem to recall them saying that MND had a direct effect on the combo multipler for Flat Blades effect, however judging from your test it might be ridiculously easy to hit by 50.
    Yeah, that's what they said should happen. So I was hoping to see like a 8x Multi with MND at cap.

Yeah, I'll see if there's any difference at the base value @ 50. (234 MND, this is with my 22 bonus points) See if it goes under 4.5x Bonus

I didn't even think about what it would be below lvl 50 lol. But I bet you are right.
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-18-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Not sure about that either, I thought it capped out at roughly 4.5 or 5.5.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast