Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70

FFXIV 2.0 Idea: Free Company Crests on Armour & Accessories

Hey Yoshi-P and the development team... hope you are all enjoying your Golden Week but first and foremost, thank you very much for all your tremendous work on FFXIV. Arigatou gozaimazu!

I've been discussing with some of my friends in-game about unique linkshell customization gear (for the 2.0 Free Companies) and because I love to draw (I'm an Architecture student) I came up with a few humble sketch ideas.

Please pardon the poor quality of the sketches because I was rushing a little

This is my first idea sketch design, which drapes over one side of the right leg with the weight of the linkshell or free company crest holding the bottom part in place. I was inspired by the angel feathering on the left side of Lightning's "Goddess" armour in FFXIII-2 (loved both games)...

One of the first things I really wanted to do while developing the core concept of this sketch was to really show off the linkshell crests, which I think is very central to exhibiting to people about the "identity" of their Company. The long "tassel" hanging from the right shoulder can be used to denote the leader or master of the linkshell.

Could this be a good idea to be added to the belt area, perhaps as an accessory?

The second sketch was also inspired by another Final Fantasy game; none other than my first MMORPG ever, FFXI. This time, I looked towards the Nuevo Cosette armour concept for inspiration. I played in Vanadiel since 2004 and one of the add-ons I enjoyed the most was the "Crystalline Prophesy"... and this armour was reward for beating the final boss.

Basically, the linkshell crest forms a shield over one shoulder and I thought it would look cool if it formed a gauntlet that covered the entire arm (Grrrr... once more, I messed up the spelling of "gauntlet" on the sketch)

Once again, I tossed in frontal and side elevations views in there so that I could properly communicate the idea. Back view shows the linkshell symbol also on a short cape (if graphical limitations on animations and etc allow) that could be worn by masters, leaders or officers?

And like the first sketch, I intentionally kept the design plain and without any colouring so that later on, my friends, other players, admins, dev etc could comment and suggest suitable colour schemes. I just thought I'd post this here in the feedback section first before anywhere else.

Thanks once again and we are all cheering all guys on to make FFXIV AAR a phenomenal game... be well!
    (2)
    "After ten years, finally headed to Sharlayan... absolutely stoked"

Player
    Character
    Shiven Casull
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Hey ramesses, nice work with the concept art. I would love the side tabard idea, hopefully SE does something similar.

Not sure if you saw this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Did you guys say you wanted your free company logos emblazoned on your gear?

Although it may not be tabards, we are planning to allow the placement of free company logos onto certain equipment when free companies are introduced! There will be limitations on what equipment and other objects that can have the logos placed onto them of course, but that's to be expected.

As for those that were suggesting a bonus for displaying your free company's logo on your gear, we currently have no plans on adding this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Ahhh, so there WAS already a thread about linkshell stuff... Thank you Shiven.
    (0)
    "After ten years, finally headed to Sharlayan... absolutely stoked"