Character
    Scytale Small
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

WHM and gear swapping

2 Quick questions.

1) How much of a delay in /wait (if any) is required during a gear switch for the stats to take effect?

2) Is there value added to creat a macro with gear switching for your head peice, so whenever you cast regen/protect/stoneskin you switch to a head melded with Enhancing, and then macro to gear switch to AF when curing?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
    (0)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Can't gear swap while in combat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scytale Small
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    Can't gear swap while in combat.
    WHMs don't engage...so...yes you can gear swap. Just wanted to see if it's even useful or not.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You can so Gear Swap in combat, even while incurring enmity.

Why are you gear swapping as WHM anyway?

You don't need a wait on gear. Just /equip with no wait in between.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scytale Small
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    You can so Gear Swap in combat, even while incurring enmity.

Why are you gear swapping as WHM anyway?

You don't need a wait on gear. Just /equip with no wait in between.
    Curious about macro switch to stack VIT/Enhancing gear for Protect/Stoneskin/Regen and MND/Healing gear for Cures.

If it's worth it or not.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    It's not really necessary. If your Regen is capped, Protect and Regen are all you need for the DD melee (unless something terrible happens) and cure only for the tank (again unless something terrible happens.

If I were you (just my personal opinion) I would keep the enhancing gear (if regen is capped) and switch out healing gear for emergencies only.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    For a WHM its presently possible to get high enough in Healing & Enhancing magic potency to not really benefit from swapping gear. And I think that if a mistake happens during the swap (lag, etc) any possible benefit can right away be lost.

This might change if there was gear that lends itself well to this. Best example I can give is from the BLM side:

Swap out Lightning based Weapon/Shoes/Necklace for Fire based Weapons/Shoes/Necklace

-- Lighting/Fire IV Materia gives up to 30. So if you have ONE at 25 in Weapon and Shoe that is +50
    -- HQ Necklace also gives +25.
    -- Swapping all 3 will go from Lightning +75 to Fire +75

And obviously if you went double meld, that could easily be +125 Lightning for +125 Fire and you WOULD see a difference.

Not presently sure this is possible for WHM (the Enhancing Magic Potency items are few as they are, and don't always add such a dramatic difference).

As a Blinking RDM I kind of look forward to the day I can swap out equipment based on every action I want to take.
    As a Blinking RDM I kind of hope I don't have to do this ^.^;
    (0)

Player

swapping out to AF shorts when i need to use PoM is about the only thing I find worth bothering with during a fight.

As a WHM, too much swapping during a fight, and you start taking risks that outweigh the benefits of what you're trying to achieve imo.
    (2)
    Last edited by Giit; 08-10-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    As BRD, I'm currenty using passive mode --> wait 1 --> swap --> wait 1 --> song --> wait 5 --> swap --> active mode (I think, not logged in atm so can't check). Of course, WHM doesn't need to change from active to passive mode and back. However, as people have said, gear swap macros don't always work and as a WHM I wouldn't (and haven't) risk it.
    (0)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Rollan Kyojin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    The thing with equip swapping in the heat of battle, is maximizing stats per gear, and not swapping too many items at once which might put you in danger.

For example, AV: Miser Murphy when he heads to the pool to regen himself, I quickly swap my AF head piece out for Militia hat (don't like that -macc on the crown; my weapon to mooglewand, and I throw on an INT ring, which comes to a total of 40 more macc, and +37 INT. This helps my nuke numbers significantly. And quickly change back if I want to.

I have 3 equip swap macros that only have 3-4 items a piece in them, I can quickly swap from NUKE, ENHANCE, HEAL anytime I want. Risky swapping in the middle of battle? Yeah, but you choose the right moment to do this. Plenty of oppurtunity to swap gear.

I also have a macro to switch into -emnity gear if I feel like getting a little too far on the hate..

Just make sure you don't overdo it and have waaayy too many equips in one macro, which might cripple you mid-battle at the wrong moment.
    (0)