Player
    Character
    Eli Storm
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50

Crafting in General - OMG Fix It

Back to the game only two days, and I'm already so sick and tired of crafting being such random bullsh*t. How a synth can continue to blow up and fail nearly at the same rate it did 5 ranks ago is beyond me. How I can synth 5 items in a row with tons of durability left over, and the next synth have it fail 7 times in a row for no good reason, not even getting to 50% completion. Or how 6 synths in a row decide to go unstable, chaotic, and sometime unstable twice ><. Or how I fail at repairs for items I could make 10 ranks ago ><. What about 100+ quality loss on a chaotic, or 30+% durability hit? A bit steep I'd say ><

I have very good crafting gear, always get support when I can, and generally use good food. It's just so annoying there is little direct correlation, in many respects, with rank and ability vs the synth.

Please, please fix this.

Also, would you fix Perfection and Flawlessness, the latter of which is totally broken, as far as I can see.
    (41)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by zzapp View Post
    Back to the game only two days, and I'm already so sick and tired of crafting being such random bullsh*t. How a synth can continue to blow up and fail nearly at the same rate it did 5 ranks ago is beyond me. How I can synth 5 items in a row with tons of durability left over, and the next synth have it fail 7 times in a row for no good reason, not even getting to 50% completion. Or how 6 synths in a row decide to go unstable, chaotic, and sometime unstable twice ><. Or how I fail at repairs for items I could make 10 ranks ago ><. What about 100+ quality loss on a chaotic, or 30+% durability hit? A bit steep I'd say ><

I have very good crafting gear, always get support when I can, and generally use good food. It's just so annoying there is little direct correlation, in many respects, with rank and ability vs the synth.

Please, please fix this.

Also, would you fix Perfection and Flawlessness, the latter of which is totally broken, as far as I can see.
    I completely agree, ill have makers muse on at the syth will be white (white orb) which is SUPPOSED to be the most stable.. it will fail 2 times in a row then i have red orb (least stable) and it succeeds... its stupid. oh and does anyone use rapid synth at all.... like it rarely ever works and when it does woopty doo 25-30% but when it fails... watch out 30+ durability hit.

Edit: oh and when you wait... supposed to make it more stable i have it go flashing >> gold >> red>>red>>red>>red>>white ummm WTF!
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Several things about crafting do need to be fixed.. Like the addition of a Velveteen Doublet for starters! Quality vs HQ turnout needs to be adjusted badly, and some locals need to be changed (no more recipes that require other crafts please!)
    (9)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    Several things about crafting do need to be fixed.. Like the addition of a Velveteen Doublet for starters! Quality vs HQ turnout needs to be adjusted badly, and some locals need to be changed (no more recipes that require other crafts please!)
    No thanks.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    No thanks.
    did you even read that?
    (1)

Player
    did you even read that?
    Nope, just read it now

I like sub craft "requirements", even if its for local leves. IMO, it's the difference between an average crafter and someone who takes their DoH to its full potential.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    Nope, just read it now

I like sub craft "requirements", even if its for local leves. IMO, it's the difference between an average crafter and someone who takes their DoH to its full potential.
    Sub craft requirement is good everywhere except local leves. and IMO if my leatherworking (example) isn't high enough to synthesize the recipe, i shouldn't be able to make it at all. hence why recipe's requiring subcrafts should be removed from local leves.
    (16)

Player
    Sub craft requirement is good everywhere except local leves. and IMO if my leatherworking (example) isn't high enough to synthesize the recipe, i shouldn't be able to make it at all. hence why recipe's requiring subcrafts should be removed from local leves.
    As opinions clash.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    lol. Well if the subclass was actually a real 'requirement' to creating the item, It would make certain equipment more of a goal. I wouldn't mind not being able to make Bladed Lantern shields until i increased my alchemy.
    (2)

Player

Yes, subcraft skills should not be in local leves. If I'm doing a blacksmith leve, I don't want to be told I need a certain level of armoursmithing or leatherworking to do the synth. That defeats the purpose of doing a local leve for a specific class, as often these subcrafts are something I don't particularly want to rank up.

However, when it comes to grinding and crafting outside of leves, here's what I would love to see. Items which have subcrafts should give SP for BOTH crafts. Not an equal amount, but the subcraft could give a percentage of the SP in relation to the difference between the required craft ranks. It doesn't make sense that if you need multiple skills to complete an item, you're really only getting the benefits from one class.
    (23)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast