Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Arkine Vanrien
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

What do you think of jobs having different stances than classes?

As title says.

Currently Classes and Jobs have the same animations, same attack patterns and motions so what would you guys think if they were spiced up a bit with new animations?

A Pugilist is a boxer he relies entirely on his hands and the old fighting animations had alot of jabs in the melee cycles that I think SE removed in favor of the current animations where the punches are focused. SE could simply put back the jabs and use the current fighting stance.

Monk could get a more Martial arts-eque stance and use the current animations where attacks seems to have a lot of force behind them.

Paladin could get a refined stance that shows that they're refined knights and not simple gladiators.

In the 2.0/ARR Screens we see Black Mage getting new casting animation that's alot more fitting than the simple one we have now and thats a step in the right direction now they just need to give WHM a better stance and I think they're set.

So what do you guys think?

PS: This is in not a petition or a request, I'm just amusing myself and would honestly be surprised if SE implemented anything close to what I'm talking about.

Extra:
    I believe that the devs took a lot of shortcuts with animations in XIV that they didn't in XI and while I excuse this in 1.0 since the game was rushed and they had to focus else where while trying to fix it after it flopped, I can't excuse them for taking any more once ARR hits. The pray emote was disappointing for me because while it was supposed to be an XI throwback, they failed to recreate the animation and instead copied them for some races (check miqote pray vs Mithra /heal) note that they did great on other emotes but I would rather they don't take any more shortcuts on polishing the game.

FFXI Animations differed greatly between jobs and races.

Notice how the elvaan(Elezen) and the Hume(Hyur) casting black magic are alot different and unique.

This applies to weaponskills too, the animation changed for each race and gender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH7PY6YjMSY

Its impossible not to compare XI to XIV, and I just can't help but expect from XIV to do everything XI did and do it better.

Am I being unreasonable?
    (49)
    Last edited by Arkine; 08-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Taal Kheru
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    I think there should be a /stance for mages that lets them reap the benefits of not being engaged, but look like they're actually participating in the battle.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gus Morgan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TaalAzura View Post
    I think there should be a /stance for mages that lets them reap the benefits of not being engaged, but look like they're actually participating in the battle.
    I really hope they sort out this whole mess of having to be in passive mode as a mage to be effective and to have sufficient MP regen. Why add fancy weapons with cool animations and effects if you never get to see them? It was the same in FFXI and I never quite understood why they did it that way. They should either sort out the mess that is MP regen or give mages in active mode some kind of buff to give an incentive to use it. Maybe a damage increase in active mode so you have a choice between steady MP regen or Higher damage?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Inaca Selenaca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Sounds good to me. Dunno how likely it is to be considered/added though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    I dunno
    This is feasible, but lets just make this low priority

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by rina_inverse View Post
    I dunno
    This is feasible, but lets just make this low priority
    Why is it any little thing that would further add to this game be low priority? You act like they are making the development spend all of their resources on a simple REQUEST!

I'd agree with OP. I'd love different stances for jobs. Gladiator can be more aggressive stance while defensive for paladin.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Mad Platter
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Screw this, Bruce Lee got it right. Try throwing a front kick from a horse stance and see how much power you get!
    (2)
    Last edited by Theplatter; 08-06-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: herpaderp
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanathya View Post
    As much as it might hurt you, and as much as someone else brings the balance issues up, FFXI had the jobs right. And, you know, this is a FF, and I don't see you guys complaining about people asking for WoW things. So please.

Also, it's not like this dev team is being true to the roots of the jobs anyway.
    This game is not WoW; if you want WoW, go play WoW. If you get butthurt when people mention Final Fantasy XI, then shut up about WoW.

Player
    Character
    Peach Parfait
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRiser View Post
    Why is it any little thing that would further add to this game be low priority?
    Because if it's not a major change to balance then it's a waste of resources when the game is still as lacking as it is.

You act like they are making the development spend all of their resources on a simple REQUEST!
    You want adding stances to jobs to differentiate them from classes to be high priority? Laughable.

I'd agree with OP. I'd love different stances for jobs. Gladiator can be more aggressive stance while defensive for paladin.
    I'd like it. But it's not a top priority. I'd rather have more diversified, job-specific gear first.
    (2)

Peach Parfait/Khulan Angura on Gilgamesh

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I still find it funny that the 'stance' I take when invoking an action as a mage, is the same as a warrior. We're completely different disciplines, using totally different skills, yet have the same 'invoking' stance.

I think first baby steps: Let them making different stances for Mages and Warriors, then different ones for each of the skills.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    yeah let the mages take their weapon out too instead of just standing there
    (4)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast