Player
    Character
    Nimoy Riese
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Materia

Is it better to go with +VIT materia or +Gathering/Perception/Output?

What exactly does the VIT stat-definition "during the mining approach phase, it will be easier to determine the proper force needed for each item" even mean? That it "reduces the depletion rate of the Remainder gauge" like Gathering?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    +VIT is nearly useless unless you're leveling up whist targetting Grades higher than you should be.

"During the mining approach phase, it will be easier to determine the proper force needed for each item." The best explanation I can give for this is directly from the 1.17 patch notes.
    [dev1039] When the three below conditions are met in regards to the grade and difficulty of a gathering attempt, the "sweet spot" of the approach phase will be in a fixed location.

1. Class rank
    2. Values of VIT for miners, STR for botanists, and DEX for fishers
    3. Bait and lures (for fishing only)

ex.) At a certain grade and difficulty, having the appropriate rank, DEX value, and bait/lure will ensure that jigging the rod precisely in the middle will result in a black eel hit.
    It's worth noting that, for Grade 5 gathering at level 50, your VIT is capped for this purpose, so melding VIT is pointless. You're far better off melding something else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nimoy Riese
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Great, I hadn't seen that before. Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcadia Aurora
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    If you focus mainly on Perception (as you should) then at lvl 50 you will get 7 attempts per grade 5 node, only one less than the maximum. If at lvl 50 w/ Perception food you have around 180-190 Perception, you are good to go!

+VIT meld is useless, +MND helps on stuff though, improves the proc rate of "Master of Rock"
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Archadius View Post
    If you focus mainly on Perception (as you should) then at lvl 50 you will get 7 attempts per grade 5 node, only one less than the maximum. If at lvl 50 w/ Perception food you have around 180-190 Perception, you are good to go!

+VIT meld is useless, +MND helps on stuff though, improves the proc rate of "Master of Rock"
    That is output. Perception is hq chance.

I like to put in a little bit of vitality because it determines the size of area you can hit for the material. Mind caps at some point as well I believe, I don't have the source for that, would take some digging, though I agree with the majority being mind. We need more testing on the effectiveness on some of these stats.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrox View Post

I like to put in a little bit of vitality because it determines the size of area you can hit for the material. Mind caps at some point as well I believe, I don't have the source for that, would take some digging, though I agree with the majority being mind. We need more testing on the effectiveness on some of these stats.
    Ya that's what he's saying, you get 1 less dig attempt at 50 that if you had some output gear on. And I agree more perception the better at 50 since you are going for hq generally when you are 50, you won't need that vit as it will always be in the same place for a rank 50 anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mog Net
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrox View Post

No pun intended? ^,^
    (0)

Player

You dont have to choose one or the other.. most if not almost all gear has materia as one or the other. As for VIT endgame... there has been no formal announcement on what abilities VIT/MND effect. To discount it completely wouldnt be wise
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    After testing 290+ VIT and 290+ MND in isolation, ive come to the conclusion that MND is the more useful of the two...in terms of HQ's. If you're pure farming a bunch of mats, where quality doesn't matter, i'd say go for high vit/gathering and one-hit crap.

If I had to guess a cap for VIT or mind it would be around 300. But thats just a guess based on common stat caps for the DOW/DOM classes. It might even cap as low as 280 or something. Either way its not really difficult to get high vit or mnd. And honestly I believe perception caps out somewhere too, but I can't figure out where.
    (0)