Player
    Character
    Poia Wedem
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 47

Buffalo leather?

The recipe in the synthesis page doesn't work. Is there another recipe? Or does it not exist.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Damnlama Alterar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    If you do a search on this forum post from patch 1.19: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...240#post359240 (updated 3/6/12) Buffalo Leather is listed as an item that is no longer in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I can't confirm whether or not the ol' Walnut Chips + Buffalo Hide recipe works still or not, but it's entirely possible that it doesn't. I thought it did though. It's still listed on the Lodestone, so I imagine it still works. Were you doing 1x Buffalo Hide + 1x Walnut Chips?

Also, Buffalo Leather is still dropped from some things, but it's not actually used in any non-dated recipes that I'm aware of.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raldo; 08-03-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Irie Lys
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 1
    the recipe work

Leatherworker Level 21-30

Buffalo Hide×1
    Walnut Chips×1

=> 4 Buffalo leather
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Poia Wedem
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 47
    Hmm. Buffalo Hide x1 + Walnut Chips x1 get's me "you can not synthesize with those items", or similar words.

"Items not used in new recipes". Does that mean, used in recipes that are not new?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I used Buffalo Hide+walnut chips a few weeks ago to finish of my luminary tool for ARM and it worked fine. Unless they stealth removed it in 1.23 it should work.

If you only need the leather, do caravans in Drybone. You'll get a lot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Your LTW is level 15. The Buffalo Leather synth is around level 28. You cannot attempt synthesis more than 10 levels over your level.

"Items not used in new recipes" - At one point during the game's life, they made a large number of changes to the crafting system, one of which was to totally revamp most of the recipes. Buffalo leather was one of the items/synths that got the axe, and when 2.0 hits, the ability to craft such "dated" recipes will be removed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Damnlama Alterar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I can't confirm whether or not the ol' Walnut Chips + Buffalo Hide recipe works still or not, but it's entirely possible that it doesn't. I thought it did though. It's still listed on the Lodestone, so I imagine it still works. Were you doing 1x Buffalo Hide + 1x Walnut Chips?

Also, Buffalo Leather is still dropped from some things, but it's not actually used in any non-dated recipes that I'm aware of.
    Interesting I searched Buffalo and Leather on Loadstone and did not see those. I never specified a level, so maybe thats why. Then I found that list of outdated items no longer used and it was on there.

"Items not used in new recipes" - If you have ever seen items that start with "Dated" when you are searching the market wards this is what he is talking about. They did a major overhaul the crafting system last fall making several items no longer used for synthing, buffalo leather was one of them as noted in the list I posted yesterday: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...240#post359240

So, even if you can get this synth to work for you the item will only be useful in dated gear and most likely that is all going away in 2.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DAMNLAMA View Post
    Interesting I searched Buffalo and Leather on Loadstone and did not see those. I never specified a level, so maybe thats why. Then I found that list of outdated items no longer used and it was on there.
    There's a little checkbox you have to check in order for it to list dated recipes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Poia Wedem
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Your LTW is level 15. The Buffalo Leather synth is around level 28. You cannot attempt synthesis more than 10 levels over your level.
    Usually I get the message that I've decided not to attempt that yet, if the required level is too high. But, if others can synthesize it then I guess that's the reason. Thanks.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast