Player
    Character
    Paul Reitz
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 54

How to handle buying gear from other company's.

In Final Fantasy 11 you could purchase from other nations for 2x the cost and you had to have the equivalent of the rank. I've browsed the threads and didn't notice any proposing this line of thought. I am aware this is different then 11, however i thought that was a proper way to handle the situation.

Example: Lieutenant Sword at Limsa is 25k, and you are from Gridania, you can go to the Maelstrom and purchase the weapon for 50k, you can even make it so this can only occur after don't hate the messenger. It makes sense since at that point your an ally to all the nations.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Edge Faire
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    The problem with this is that these aren't nations, they're militias. There needs to be a way to tell a Second Storm Lieutenant from a Chief Flame Sergeant, for example. Each militia has its own set of colors, and its own differences based on rank. This is the same reason Yoshi-P decided against cosmetic slots in 2.0 - you need to be able to tell what a player is instead of having to check his/her gear all the time.
    (1)

Player

Due to the alliance they can set it up to where the gear is donated from other companies and given a different name showing it is originally from maelstrom/flames/adders. Something to tell it apart maybe. The gear available can change week to week. I think it can be worked out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Use the qiqirns?
    (0)