Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Skirmish Weapons, WHM gets the best of the lot.

Just stating what some folks may already know. The +50 spell interrupt resistance is really unique and give the lucky WHM a really good opportunity to make a (situationally useful) awesome weapon.

If you think about when it would be best to use a stat like that, the princess fight immediately comes to mind, or any other fight with a ton of adds that it may not be the best strat to have a WAR tank them. That being the case, what spell would you use in such an instance? Personally, I like stoneskin in that scenario. So the best thing I could do to buff stoneskin is to meld some VIT onto a weapon, enter the skirmish weapon. With that, you could have a weapon that will be the best in certain situations for years down the road.
    (4)

Player

-5% of interrupt rate is not that great considering that macros suck atm, no real reason to use this staff, especially if you think that you only got 1 enhancing magic point for 4 VIT.

Chiran Zabran's Tempest is still the best weapon you should use as whm (outside relic), even for the princess fight. -5% is not enough to count on it, when you lost so many healing magic.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    You rarely need that much healing potency and -magic accuracy blows now that more and more content runs a lot more smoothly if your Whm helps nuke to some degree.

I plan to put +Magic Attack on the skirmish staff personally if I can get my hands on it but +MND would make it a pretty nice healing-focused staff without sacrificing any stats. You can probably heal just as well with the Giantsgall with 1-2 MND materia melded on it.

Any whm worth their shit knows to rely more on Regen and Stoneskin anyway.
    (3)

Player

it's a great weapon...let's just stop calling WHM staffs "weapons" they're more like an accessory, lol.

anyway, I've been testing this Cane out with a single +20 Vit meld (not trying to double up until i have 4 or 5 canes to blow). I do a LOT of solo stuff when I'm not in parties, so I can tell right away that the spell interrupt makes a difference.
    say it's 5% all you want, but it feels like 50%.

now if it was just a wand, instead of a damn staff
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maitre Gael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Yes it's a good weapon (even if it would be better on a 1 hand weapon >_<), but i dont see where you could need the 50 interrupt (yes it's 5%, not 50%). I mean in most cases you dont feel it (@Giit if you were not interrupt 50% of time, the staff did nothing to help you, you were just lucky).

If the goal is to boost your recup and your stoneskin (i dont think you can get a new tier of protect with it), then like Rofellos said you can do better with a weapon which already have VIT on it.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    Yes it's a good weapon (even if it would be better on a 1 hand weapon >_<), but i dont see where you could need the 50 interrupt (yes it's 5%, not 50%). I mean in most cases you dont feel it (@Giit if you were not interrupt 50% of time, the staff did nothing to help you, you were just lucky).

If the goal is to boost your recup and your stoneskin (i dont think you can get a new tier of protect with it), then like Rofellos said you can do better with a weapon which already have VIT on it.
    I solo every day. it's not like i just started and am all "wow" about it. i said it feels like 50%. I have 314 Vit/333 Mind, and plan on a 20/15 Vit/Mind double for a cane. this along with the rest of the stats on it, make it the best cane for me in most situations. (I won't do the relic quest)

plus, it looks damn cool

where do you get 5% from btw? or you guys just assuming? got any evidence that it isn't? or are you going by what you knew in XI ? which it's already proven that XI stats are not the same in XIV.

either way, whether it's more confidence from a placebo effect, or if it's actually 50%, it doesn't matter, if you solo'd as much as I do, there's no "luck" involved after a while, you notice real differences.

let us poor people with jobs and a life have our nice wep damnit good job SE
    (2)

7. 08-01-2012 06:26 AM
    Reason
    Double Post

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Interruption rate down is useful in aleport hamlet defense with all the stupid bombs flying around that just love to interrupt you at the worst times >.>

Oh dang I didn't realize that you could put +VIT on 2-handed weapons. Definitely the way to go for the added HP and Regen/Stoneskin potency if you can get enough VIT on it. I'd use this if you don't have access to Flame Lieutenant's Wand.
    (0)
    Last edited by Estellios; 08-01-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Giit View Post
    where do you get 5% from btw?
    Tests have beed done for the Militia Tights which have the same thing on it.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rofellos View Post
    Tests have beed done for the Militia Tights which have the same thing on it.
    ok, but where are the test results. where's the proof

testing something like interrupt needs more than "o well someone tested it" to back it up imo.

I'm just saying, it IS noticable. tried it for the time it took to round up a stack of Tapers, solo. I usually pulled 4-5 mobs at once. I did not keep track of interrupts, so all I can say is how it felt unfortunately
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    You rarely need that much healing potency and -magic accuracy blows now that more and more content runs a lot more smoothly if your Whm helps nuke to some degree.

I plan to put +Magic Attack on the skirmish staff personally if I can get my hands on it but +MND would make it a pretty nice healing-focused staff without sacrificing any stats. You can probably heal just as well with the Giantsgall with 1-2 MND materia melded on it.

Any whm worth their shit knows to rely more on Regen and Stoneskin anyway.
    I was planning to put +VIT on it since that is the stat affecting Regen and Stoneskin... which, as you say, are the staples of being an effective White Mage. But a double meld of MND would also be very nice indeed.

The -Magic Accuracy on Chiran Zabran's Tempest is unfortunate since landing Aero for DoT is very helpful in certain fights. Plus I hate the way it looks. ^^;
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast