Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rofellos View Post
    Tests have beed done for the Militia Tights which have the same thing on it.
    just a quick correction, the tights don't have spell interrupt resist, the trousers do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Multi-meld healing magic potency materia on to that thing and it would become totally worth it.

Expensive to make, mind you, but da bomb!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Momo Ochita
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    Multi-meld healing magic potency materia on to that thing and it would become totally worth it.

can't -.-

/10char
    (1)

Momo Ochita From Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Momita View Post
    can't -.-

/10char

...................................................derp
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post

The only options to meld to it are:
    Vitality -- Enhancement Boost
    Mind -- Healing Boost
    Piety -- Enfeebling Boost
    Fire/Ice/Wind/Earth/Lightning/Water -- Damage boost
    Hells' Fist -- Damage Boost
    Sagacious Might -- Critical Damage Boost
    Battledance -- Parry

As a Healing WHM (where the majority of the time your concern is healing arts, and you are not considering swapping out during attack times), the only really beneficial ones are Vitality and Mind.

If you can add 2x +20 MND (+40 MND) you would get +10 Healing and +10 Accuracy
    If you can add 2x +20 VIT (+40 VIT) you would get +10 Enhancement Magic Potency

So your end result would be:
    MND +45, Healing Magic Potency +22, Magic Accuracy +20, Magic Evasion +10, Spell Interrupt Resistance +50
    OR
    MND +5, Healing Magic Potency +12, Magic Accuracy +10, Magic Evasion +10, Spell Interrupt Resistance +50, VIT +40, Enhancement Magic Potency +10

I find the 'double' benefit of MND to be more attractive (boost to Magic Potency AND Accuracy which helps with landing cures). The Low Cost and vast abundance of MND Materia also makes that a more attractive proposition.

Still a Hard Sell compared to the Chiran Zabran's Tempest which would cost on par with 2x MND IV+20 materia.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    The only options to meld to it are:
    Vitality -- Enhancement Boost
    Mind -- Healing Boost
    Piety -- Enfeebling Boost
    Fire/Ice/Wind/Earth/Lightning/Water -- Damage boost
    Hells' Fist -- Damage Boost
    Sagacious Might -- Critical Damage Boost
    Battledance -- Parry

As a Healing WHM (where the majority of the time your concern is healing arts, and you are not considering swapping out during attack times), the only really beneficial ones are Vitality and Mind.

If you can add 2x +20 MND (+40 MND) you would get +10 Healing and +10 Accuracy
    If you can add 2x +20 VIT (+40 VIT) you would get +10 Enhancement Magic Potency

So your end result would be:
    MND +45, Healing Magic Potency +22, Magic Accuracy +20, Magic Evasion +10, Spell Interrupt Resistance +50
    OR
    MND +5, Healing Magic Potency +12, Magic Accuracy +10, Magic Evasion +10, Spell Interrupt Resistance +50, VIT +40, Enhancement Magic Potency +10

I find the 'double' benefit of MND to be more attractive (boost to Magic Potency AND Accuracy which helps with landing cures). The Low Cost and vast abundance of MND Materia also makes that a more attractive proposition.

Still a Hard Sell compared to the Chiran Zabran's Tempest which would cost on par with 2x MND IV+20 materia.

yeah....i love when people do this.

see, along with the vit, you also get HP, protect gain, regen gains, SS gains.

with mind you get HMP + some M. accuracy

Vit is a little more sexy now isn't it?

regardless. why not do a +20 Vit and +20 Mind double. share the love
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Giit View Post
    yeah....i love when people do this.

see, along with the vit, you also get HP, protect gain, regen gains, SS gains.

with mind you get HMP + some M. accuracy

Vit is a little more sexy now isn't it?

regardless. why not do a +20 Vit and +20 Mind double. share the love
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but protect/regen/ss all fall under Enhancement Magic Potency (which I indicated was the benefit of +VIT). So whereas VIT gives +Enhancement, MND gives +Healing and +Magic Accuracy.

You could of course take one of each, but that then means less of the other. Really up to what you feel you need to focus on with regard to the rest of the gear.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but protect/regen/ss all fall under Enhancement Magic Potency (which I indicated was the benefit of +VIT). So whereas VIT gives +Enhancement, MND gives +Healing and +Magic Accuracy.

You could of course take one of each, but that then means less of the other. Really up to what you feel you need to focus on with regard to the rest of the gear.
    you didn't mention hp imo one of the more important advantages having been primary healer in a few other MMO's, the ability to mitigate damage in some way for a healer is usually tasked to HP alone. it's just as important, and more apparent that the rest of that tiny bit of trickle down.

but really, we're just nit picking the hell out of this anyway. the only real weapon that makes any decent difference for WHM is going to be the Relic. ~the rest are just toys n junk to keep the people with job, kids, and lives, satisfied just enough so that we keep playing™~
    (0)

Player

Just make sure you are capping regen and (maybe capping SS). This can be done without the weapon slot at all:

DL gloves
    DL tights (or double VIT IV' legs)
    militia belt
    x2 enhance magic hat

For me I will meld double MND IV's on the cane till I can try for relic.
    (2)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    Just stating what some folks may already know. The +50 spell interrupt resistance is really unique and give the lucky WHM a really good opportunity to make a (situationally useful) awesome weapon.

If you think about when it would be best to use a stat like that, the princess fight immediately comes to mind, or any other fight with a ton of adds that it may not be the best strat to have a WAR tank them. That being the case, what spell would you use in such an instance? Personally, I like stoneskin in that scenario. So the best thing I could do to buff stoneskin is to meld some VIT onto a weapon, enter the skirmish weapon. With that, you could have a weapon that will be the best in certain situations for years down the road.
    yes the Vit stacked staff is very nice, although if you use wand of tremors you gain a shield slot for extra mp / hp or mp or hp and stuff llol
    its not that big of a loss,

it just depends on what role people want to fill maximum cure or max buffs
    personally if there's going to be 2 WHM's in a party one should allways be opposite of the other otherwise over curing doesn't help anyone
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast