Player
    Character
    Ashenspire Desdimarnia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80

Chaos Thrust and Parsers

I use BG Parser v1.22 (I think it's 1.22, it's whatever is the latest version), and I've been noticing that it just doesn't seem to pick up Chaos Thrust damage. I've looked at the breakdowns on boss fights. I've solo'd and seen that the damage just doesn't add up to how much health the mob should have, and it's always off by how much damage my Chaos Thrust did.

Anyone else notice this? Only issue it bothers me is a lot of people, especially for speed runs, think Monk is just the end all/be all for Miser's Mistress based on what their parsers say. If Chaos Thrust isn't being picked up, this may not be the case (or not nearly the case people make it out to be).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forerunner Highwind
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Neither is Quick Nock, Dragon Kick/Simian Thrash or Rage of Halone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It must be the new way they do the multi-hit weaponskills, sounds like the parser needs an update.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I don't know if we all do this; but it may be because we turned our log into "Show it as one big hit" instead of "Show it as a bunch of little hits". BGParse may be set up to read those moves as separate attacks; if I remember correctly, my CT damage would appear as min/max for one shot of the six, not a total.

Also, 1.22 is labeled as final. ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    The author of BGParser has, for now, postponed further updates until we get more information about 2.0's addon API. I believe there are a few chat-log parser alternatives out there that are still being updated but I have no firsthand knowledge of them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Douten Mori
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    http://ff14logrep-eng.blogspot.jp/ is one although I'm not sure if it has all the things bgparser does
    (0)

Player

BG doesn't pick up any casted nuke used with PoM either.

and yeah, I don't blame the authors of these things for not wanting to work on something and keep it up dated, when so much is happening in, and to the game soon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Giit; 08-04-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Shouldn't something like this belong on their forum and not this one? I'm not complaining about you posting here but I would imagine you'd get a better response from the maker.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    Shouldn't something like this belong on their forum and not this one? I'm not complaining about you posting here but I would imagine you'd get a better response from the maker.
    understood, but it helps to post here too. it informs others, and educates them on what's going on with such things.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Giit View Post
    understood, but it helps to post here too. it informs others, and educates them on what's going on with such things.

Well that is a good point but OP should also make a post on their forums as well to get a direct reply. Just trying to help~
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast