Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tman View Post
    Had some more down time so took a crack at OSA. Same stats/gear as my first test.

setup 1
    Low: 1203
    High: 1368
    Avg: 1294.27

setup 2
    Low: 1081
    High: 1236
    Avg: 1162.91

Setup 1 was unusually consistent in dmg, didn't get a big variation in hits. Setup 2 showed more inconsistency. Same deal as before, 100 SW's, no food/potions/buffs/debuffs/outside party members. I'll keep at it as I think I either got super lucky on consistency or just didn't go long enough. Could just be I hit my dmg floor on OSA >.< lol
    Great testing. That's dedication to use a Hymn to reset stats to get the same both both setups.

One thing to check on your testing is to only test on normal mobs. I don't fight many of the Small NM's but I've heard that they spawn at a variety of different levels. 53-57. I can't confirm this, but if it's true, that will screw your testing.

I can only imagine the agony of 100 SW's with keeping your HP consistantly at 100%.
    I've only tested a few dozen of each setup for this reason alone. (although a friend putting regen on you would be nice)
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-25-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Vanithan Plainswalker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'll look into it. The nice thing about the lower NM's is I can keep stoneskin up so I take 0 dmg most of the time and top myself off with just a cure if need be. I am runnin low on hymns, down to 3 so I may have to look into other ways to keep my stats the same.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tman View Post
    I'll look into it. The nice thing about the lower NM's is I can keep stoneskin up so I take 0 dmg most of the time and top myself off with just a cure if need be. I am runnin low on hymns, down to 3 so I may have to look into other ways to keep my stats the same.
    Probably your best chance would be if you have the Milita Gear.

Aside from the Trousers, the other pieces add 30 MND, and 390 HP

Then you could wear trash gear and 2 MND rings for low HP testing.

I wonder if it would work to test on low level mobs with say a Brass Gladius. Then your Stoneskin would work very well, and you could probably test naked with a couple of MND rings.

Using a Parser though makes it 100% easier for testing, with the 9% Deviation
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-26-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Godking View Post
    I'm almost 50 on my PLD and want to start gearing him for end game content. I don't want to jump on the warrior bandwagon because I generally like sword and board more. I hear that PLD has been buffed in recent patches, but I was wondering if they are any good for speed runs now. I know I'd be able to do primals and other content, but I'd like to get in those dungeons and get some darklight gear.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, for both dungeons you can do 25min TA aswell as 17min TA with a PLD as a tank.
    (no need to switch to WAR at all)
    (2)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8