Hybrid View

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Moonfire Faire – Bombard Backlash (07/30/2012)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...756a4cf0297b4b

Event has started!

Oh and /firedance! It's like an airhostess. The exits are here, here and here!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sophia Althea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    firedance ftw
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    How to:

If you head out the town there should be a station with baloons. The journal says that the location is near a hamlet, but this is wither a copy paste from last year or an error. It is generally in the vicinity of the first camp as seen in the below image.

Talk to the NPC if you want, but if you are in proximity you get hooked into the duty. Giant bombs will appear, noted with the 'NM icon' on your mini map. You have to /firedance on it to make it blow up before it hits the baloons. They come in faster and faster as time goes on. After a certain amount of time or bomb kills the duty is complete. Each bomb has a certain amount of HP, the Kings seem to take 3 hits to kill, the normal bombards only one. However, if there is a large crowd of people you may struggle with targetting and may find that by the time you see them/get to target them they have already received all their hits, making your attempt to emote invalid (you may get an error to the effect of "unable to perform this command). Just keep trying!

They are considered 'friendly' when targeting, but the best way to get one is to make a macro (credit to cakemix);

/targetnpc
    /firedance
    Set yourself up in a location and as soon as you see a bomb pop (use your eyes, not the mini map) near you spam it. You will know if you are sucessfull by a "twinkling sound" and a small burst effect on your character as well as the emote log saying You do the fire dance for the Bombard/Bombard King. If it just says you do the fire dance, then it is unsucessful.

Once you get one in, you can wait at the NPC for the next round and let others have a chance at the bombs. hen the time is up, it will say "Duty Complete", then just head back to the NPC for your ash. The amount is dependant on how many of the 4 baloons are up at the end. Each baloon is worth 5 ash, so if all are up you can get 20 ash per time.

Now you can go back to town and turn in your ash. The costs of the items are as follows

1 - Lord's Yukaka (Blue) / Lady's Yukata (Red) (Note: you get this for free when you start the quest)
    30 - Lord's Yukata (Green) / Lady's Yukata (Blue)
    50 - Lord's Yukata (Black) / Lady's Yukata (Black)
    1 - Lord's Drawers (Black) / Lady's Knickers (Black) (Note: you get this for free when you start the quest)
    30 - Lord's Drawers (White) / Lady's Knickers (White)
    50 - Lord's Drawers (Gold) / Lady's Knickers (Gold)
    1 - Bombard Bloom

In total to get all the items and achievements you will need 165 ash, so 9 rounds of ash hunting is all you require, plus a little spare for fireworks

Also, there is a 3rd NPC nearby from whom you can buy normal fireworks. Storm/Flame/Serpent tracers and Lominsan/Uldahn/Gridanian sparklers are 10 gil each.
    (29)
    Last edited by Magnesium02; 07-31-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Goufunaki Rammstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    Also, there is a 3rd NPC nearby from whom you can buy normal fireworks. Storm/Flame/Serpent tracers and Lominsan/Uldahn/Gridanian sparklers are 10 gil each.
    This pleases me.

I was running low on confetti, but now I'll have items to throw at people again!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Erza Kokira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thanks for the guide! Can't wait to on tonight to do this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    This event reminded me how truly awful the targetting system is in this game.

Good lord...
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500 View Post
    This event reminded me how truly awful the targetting system is in this game.

Good lord...
    I don't know if you are one but for us controller users it's even harder. Especially now that there are no collisions enemies can stack in one spot in one mess of polygons.

Honestly why didn't they just copy XI's targeting?!

This one looks like it but under the hood it just doesn't function in fast paced situations the same way.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seif View Post
    I don't know if you are one but for us controller users it's even harder. Especially now that there are no collisions enemies can stack in one spot in one mess of polygons.

This one looks like it but under the hood it just doesn't function in fast paced situations the same way.
    Yes, I use a controller. Why the hell Square-Enix hasn't added an "NPC only" targetting option is beyond me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jadi Kama
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Seif View Post

It's not slow, it's just as fast as XI's (trust me I'm very fast at claim) but it's the tab order that it chooses that is messed up. (goes right from the center of the player then wraps around the left edge of the screen, not closest to players center like XI, also can't target behind the camera like in XI.) I think that must be what people are complaining about.. I dunno I play with joystick so it feels about the same to me..
    (0)
    Last edited by Jadi; 07-31-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadi View Post
    It's not slow, it's just as fast as XI's (trust me I'm very fast at claim) but it's the tab order that it chooses that is messed up. (goes right from the center of the player then wraps around the left edge of the screen, not closest to players center like XI, also can't target behind the camera like in XI.) I think that must be what people are complaining about.. I dunno I play with joystick so it feels about the same to me..
    This is the exact same behavior as in FFXI (as I recall). People are probably complaining about the large number of players/mobs on screen at one time. With the number of characters on screen at once you see in FFXIV, the same number would slow FFXI considerably. This would slow the cursor down as well making it easier to target. But you never see this number of characters or mobs at once in FFXI.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast