Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Actually.. there is a way to target NPCs only on controllers... I change mode all the damn time and it pisses me off. Press and hold the auto-run button then press one of the face buttons. Quick Menu is All, Cancel is NPC and Select is Enemies. Every time I go to talk to an NPC when coming out of auto-run I'll wind up switching modes unless I go slowly in my button pressing. Never had the problem in XI...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen View Post
    Actually.. there is a way to target NPCs only on controllers... I change mode all the damn time and it pisses me off. Press and hold the auto-run button then press one of the face buttons. Quick Menu is All, Cancel is NPC and Select is Enemies. Every time I go to talk to an NPC when coming out of auto-run I'll wind up switching modes unless I go slowly in my button pressing. Never had the problem in XI...
    No, there are the following:
    • Normal: Selects everything
    • Friendly: Selects all friendly targets (players and NPCs)
    • Enemy: Selects all hostile targets
    • Party: Selects only party members

These bombs are NPC's, so Friendly would be the one you'd want to use, but other players also select under it, so it doesn't help at all.

And I use a controller, so I do this all the time too. It's infuriating! That...and I always save my camera position in a way I don't want...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Griss Stilgar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I am not going any where near this event for a couple of days. Also my music has already been turned off it took all of 5 minutes before i wanted to punch a baby.

You would think by now the event team would understand the engine limitations on rendering npc's and players. And then Not only have one point per city to do the event at.
    (1)
    An Aware, Informed, and Critical community is vital for the success of a game.
    ~ John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

Player
    Character
    Valega Kazenoko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Event seems to go a little something like this:
    Target bomb (if you're lucky)
    /firedance.
    70% chance of nothing happening
    20% chance of it saying "That command cannot be performed right now."
    5% chance of it saying /firedance in the log
    5% chance of it actually working

Luckily it doesn't matter whether you manage to do it once or a hundred times, you only ever get 20 ash anyway.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kafeen; 07-30-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Che Zara
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    This event blows.. i thought MAYBE just Maybe they would have a way for this many thousands of people who didn't join the game last summer would have a chance to get swim suits

total fail.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ronberku Vantarius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Griss View Post
    I am not going any where near this event for a couple of days. Also my music has already been turned off it took all of 5 minutes before i wanted to punch a baby.

You would think by now the event team would understand the engine limitations on rendering npc's and players. And then Not only have one point per city to do the event at.
    At first their way of doing this might sound like an awful idea with the engine limitations. But you have to remember that people will quickly stop doing this event once they obtained their event gear. Having it then split it in many different locations isn't exactly helping then.

Besides, in a sense it is more fun to do this with a large crowd (even though you probably can't see everyone.) I for one enjoy the thought of how a single event can gather many people together. Often ending in people randomly chatting with others. At least, it's what I tend to do lol.
    (1)
    My gallery of regulart art and random drawings: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10502152/1/New%20sketchbook?h=7762c3

Player
    Character
    Aster Seule
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I logged in and did the dance :3 ....too cute on my elezen
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Victor Lindark
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Hello! This event made me want to hide my main arm while wearing the yukata and I can't figure out how. I googled and found an old thread introducing the function (/display main on/off), but it's having no effect for me. Does anyone know how this works? Moreover, was it actually made so your weapon is hidden to everyone?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Hello! This event made me want to hide my main arm while wearing the yukata and I can't figure out how. I googled and found an old thread introducing the function (/display main on/off), but it's having no effect for me. Does anyone know how this works? Moreover, was it actually made so your weapon is hidden to everyone?
    /display mh on/off
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Macaroni Love
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Didn't have any problems doing it here :|
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast