All About Benediction with the Lore Team

Hope everyone is a having a good Friday!

Some JP players were curious about the meaning behind the action “Benediction” since it is written in katakana as a loan word (which means it’s borrowed from another language), and the lore team gave them a nice explanation I figured I would share with you all:

As some of you have already pointed out the action name comes from the English word “Benediction.”

In Japanese this would be ”祝福” (shuku-fuku=benediction, blessing ) and the action was named with the idea that you are offering a prayer for you and your allies.

In regards to the “Goddess-” series of action names (note: EN does not use this for action names), this refers to the Goddess of fertility, Nophica. We used this name since it lends itself to the development of conjuring magic in Gridania.

Since Benediction is from a magic system older than conjury, we decided to use “Benediction” instead of having it begin with “Goddess-.”

While there were a lot of cases in previous FINAL FANTASY series where “Full Cure” would completely restore the HP of a single ally, we felt that completely restoring the HP of you and your entire party differed quite a bit, and decided to adopt “Benediction.”
    (37)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player

Nice^_^ this is making me want to see what all these Goddess- are, though... but I do not speak any Japanese ; ;
    (2)

Will You Marry Me Camate? :3

Player
    Character
    Sylkis Tea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrita View Post
    Nice^_^ this is making me want to see what all these Goddess- are, though... but I do not speak any Japanese ; ;
    They are:
    (Shroud of Saints) 女神の加護
    and
    (Sacred Prism) 女神の慈悲
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90