MIN:307 MAX:368 Predict:337.5 DEV:9.037% - 288 STR

MIN:330 MAX:389 Predict:359.5 DEV:8.206% - 318 STR

MIN:328 MAX:396 Predict:362.0 DEV:9.392% - 328 STR
    Conclusion:
    - STR is the Primary Stat for PLD
    - For DPS: 34.62
    :Stat Cap on STR is 315-320
    :Stat Cap on MND is 275-280

STR vs ENM on Lvl 50 Drubbers (WS Damage on Cobalt Winglet)

Phalanx MIN:241 MAX:296 Predict:268.5 DEV:9.213% - STR 208 - 296 MND

Phalanx MIN:328 MAX:393 Predict:360.5 DEV:9.015% - STR 314 - 281 MND

Increasing STR by 106 to near Soft Cap increased damage by 34% so equivalent to +340 ENM to generate the same Enmity on WS.

Updated findings on MND vs Combo Multipliers
    ~240 MND caps the 4.5x Bonus on Flat Blade Combo, and no more than 1.5x Bonus on Spirtis Within. (Not sure how low it caps, because I didn't test below 240)
    New testing - MND --> Auto-Attack Damage
    I don't have my parser numbers here, but MND does effect Auto-Attack Damage. It is better than the gains on AA from STR up until it caps
    Basically MND is the single most important stat for PLD. WS damage, AA Damage, Healing Magic Potency. All of which are key to generating Enmity on PLD
    (3)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 09-28-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I "eyeball" parsered another 20 Drubbers using the Ifrit Blade and 329 STR (Rubelite Ring)

AA: Average increase of 4 damage
    Flate Blade Combo: Average increase of 5 damage
    Spirits Within: Average increase of 11 Damage

Way more data needs to be collected, but I'm starting to think that STR is the secondary stat for GLA/PLD and caps lower than MND, as opposed to MND capping sooner. Either that, or both stats cap pretty low when used as a damage modifier.
    (0)
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    is it an upgrade? when I was comparing the primal axes to the Giantsgall axe, the Giantsgall axe was only better with a triple meld.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    is it an upgrade? when I was comparing the primal axes to the Giantsgall axe, the Giantsgall axe was only better with a triple meld.
    Not sure if it's triple, except for Garuda, but you've got a point. For the most part, the Giantsgall weapons have about the same DPS as the Ifrit or Moogle weapons, but with less bonus stats. Worth noting that the Giantsgall Longsword is actually a bit better in the DPS department than Ifrit or Moogle, so that would increase the applicable stat caps.

I'm interested to hear more details on this too OP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    A single meld IV Giantsgall War Axe would be pretty close to Ifrit's Battleaxe

But for PLD the Giantsgall Longsword 115 Damage, 38.33 DPS is much better than Ifrit's Blade 102 Damage, 37.78 DPS.

Molly_Millions
    You run on PLD lots, have you noticed if there's a limit on how far STR will take you vs MND for damage?

My guess at the moment is that (using Ifrit weapons as an example for DD's) MND would cap at 320, and STR would cap at 290. (Soft Caps, but at that point ENM+ would probably be priority)
    The lower estimated caps, are because Ifrit's Blade has almost 2 full DPS points lower than the other DD weapons.

When I have time, I'll probably just use a Cobalt Winglet, so that I don't have to have such high STR or MND for testing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-03-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    I doubt the:

Giantsgall War Axe 169 Damage, 39.3 DPS, Vit : +5, Accuracy : +10, Magic Evasion : +10 (+ Melds)
    is an upgrade for the
    Ifrit's Battleaxe 171 Damage, 39.77 DPS, Fire Resistance : +15, Attack Power : +30, Adds Fire Damage
    would be an upgade for Warrior.

But for PLD the
    Giantsgall Longsword 115 Damage, 38.33 DPS, Mnd : +5, Accuracy : +10, Magic Evasion : +10 (+ Melds)
    is an upgrade from
    Ifrit's Blade 102 Damage, 37.78 DPS, Fire Resistance : +15, Attack Power : +30, Adds Fire Damage
    proof the Giantsgall axe is better than anything but Baruva with a triple meld. I've been playing with various values in this sheet. The skirmish axe starts to be a better DD axe after adding at least 56 attack power.

I plan to do the same for all of the other melee classes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 07-28-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Krystalan Deathgiver
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Am unclear why you think the damage difference relates to the stat caps on mnd or str? The AA get's ahuge boost from the base damage, and the WS from the increased DPS. What does this have to do with the cap on your base attributes?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgiver View Post
    Am unclear why you think the damage difference relates to the stat caps on mnd or str? The AA get's ahuge boost from the base damage, and the WS from the increased DPS. What does this have to do with the cap on your base attributes?
    The reason I think the damage difference is mostly related to STR or MND stat caps, is because there was such a huge jump in WS Damage going up 0.55 DPS, which also raises the Soft Cap of STR.

Since I was at 314 STR with Ifrit's Blade (Which I believe, puts me over the Soft Cap), having the extra DPS from the Giants Longsword, increased the Soft Cap of STR, granting greater returns for damage.

There is still lots of testing to do.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgiver View Post
    as far as I can tell it doesn't increase the caps. That seems to be a common misunderstanding. I would love for somebody to prove me wrong though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    The reason I think the damage difference is mostly related to STR or MND stat caps, is because there was such a huge jump in WS Damage going up 0.55 DPS, which also raises the Soft Cap of STR.

Since I was at 314 STR with Ifrit's Blade (Which I believe, puts me over the Soft Cap), having the extra DPS from the Giants Longsword, increased the Soft Cap of STR, granting greater returns for damage.

There is still lots of testing to do.
    From the tests I've seen, 310 is the cap for MND, 350 is the cap for STR.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 07-28-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast