Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    It really is a nice spreadsheet at least, as it shows what the primary and secondary stat modifiers do and all that and it represents the potential at a similar stat setup, i.e. if you weren't able hit your soft cap targets.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Vanithan Plainswalker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Perhaps something similar to the 3rd party program Rawr for WoW. It lets you plug in specific weapons and armors plus add gem slots (in our case it would be materia slots) and calculates potential DPS based off various stats including even weapon damage. It also has an Optimization tool, and allows you to restrict it to include specific values. We could use this to hit certain marks, such as stat caps must be hit so str can't fall below a certain value, or tanks wanting 4k hp minimum but also wanting other stats such as a specific value of +enmity or mind. Not sure if this is legal or not, but its definitely nifty to have and helps a ton, maybe the community can look into making something similar for FFXIV. I don't have the knowledge to myself unfortunately
    (0)
    Last edited by Tman; 07-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    So, what are the stat caps? You all have talked about a lot of things in this thread... but not much really in the lines of... The str cap for a sword of x damage/dps is this and the mind cap is this. Do we have any idea what this value might be? Molly's spread sheet seems to assume always that the stat gains are under cap, but it could be noted that if DPS largely affects the cap, then Garuda's would offer so much more potential stat gain than giants that giants would perhaps never catch up with simple attack power. (For example, I have seen testing, which unfortunately I do have the rights to link, that concluded that the cap for main stat changed by roughly 20 points per dps once in the near 40 range with a 40.00 weapon being 328 and a 41.00 weapon being 348, and a 38.33 Dps weapon being 294.6. As such, Garudas would have a 33.4 str advantage over Giants. I think Molly would need to plug these numbers in her spread sheet to see if that amounted to an insurmountable lead for Garuda since I cannot change those values in her linked version. Also, the testing wasn't mine so I can't 100% vouch for their voracity, though they do seem reasonable if lower than commonly thought.)

As a side note, I'm not super convinced of damage as the solution to PLD enmity. I actually personally wear +182 enmity, 229 STR 304 Mind 305 Vit and 3880 hp with 387 acc in full group. (The VIT comes from a now very dated VIT IV / Def IV meld, simply wearing it till Militia Cuirass drops to me). Judging by several other posts and common themes, this almost seems anathema to the dominate ideology for PLD on the forums. I would note, however, that I have no problems holding back 125+ dps monks on miser. Also, I've never been been killed out-right in any space of less than 6 seconds (plenty of time for a whm to react and cast cure/cura), so the slight hp loss off 4k is unlikely to have saved me (that said I am working on 4k, but, its hard to move hp in when its already doubled on applicable slots). I will try to pay attention this week to find out what their exact dps numbers are, though I happen to know off hand that I held a blm during To Kill a Raven tonight in the first half who put up 31k damage at 105dps with only 7k damage done myself, and he never went red. It may be that i've managed to go so far down the enmity road that I essentially "rounded the corner" and that nearly 20% boost to everything is making up for any similar damage gain. I did not use an enmity potion for To Kill, though I have always used them on Miser so I honestly don't know if I still need too.

As to why I'm interested in this, I currently use Garuda's Gaze, though was wondering if perhaps given my low stat values I might be better suited with even a single melded Giant's with TOR IV. I am, however, reluctant to overly invest in melding a sword as I am getting close to Curtana.

I would be interested to find out how much DPS the str/mind capped PLDs put out on miser, and your Spirit's Within damage to her if you could eyeball it (I am in the 6-800 range, usually only getting two off before she dies without having moved of course. I do not know my DPS off hand). For at least one Miser fight this week I will attempt to get detailed parse information and come up with an Enmity/Second measurement.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    So, what are the stat caps? You all have talked about a lot of things in this thread... but not much really in the lines of... The str cap for a sword of x damage/dps is this and the mind cap is this.
    Still working on gathering enough data, to make a conclusion for PLD/GLD on what the Stat Caps are for MND/STR.
    I thought it would be hard to get different ranges of STR and MND to get within the range of where the caps could be, but I was wrong. It's rediculously hard. (Without changing other variables)

You should stick with Garuda's Gaze. Even if you aren't able to cap your stats, the 40DPS is a damage modifier for WS's.

+182 enmity, 229 STR 304 Mind 305 Vit and 3880 hp with 387 acc
    You have a solid build. A good range of damage(MND), HP, Defense and ENM (+18%)

So far with Ifrit's Blade the STR soft cap seems to be somewhere around 290-305. I have to work on getting closer to this range for testing. Then I could post some data. Hopefully MND is the primary stat for PLD, because otherwise I could see it capping down around 260.

If someone with an Ifrit's Blade, would like to take the task of finding the soft cap for MND on lvl 50 Drubbers, that would make this much easier.
    (0)
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    What would it take to test that? I have ifrits and can get up to 341 mind.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
    What would it take to test that? I have ifrits and can get up to 341 mind.
    Testing for only one weapon skill is fine for now. Here is what I've been doing.

Lvl 50 Drubbers @ Za'hrak.
    Use Auto-Attack to build up TP
    The WS to test is Phalanx because it only uses 250 TP, and it's easy to block.
    Test a few ranges between 290-341, in your case.

Thanks a bunch for your testing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    "To Kill a Raven" Damage chart

DPS: ****:50.15 ****:33.57 Judge:33.40 ****:32.32 ****:31.14 ****:23.34 ****:6.07 ****:2.99

Not boasting (cause I don't even know if this is good). But just as a reference if anyone else collected DPS info for this fight. I'm 3rd in DPS for this fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    dps is going to be odd in that fight owing to excessive time off target from cs's and the like. Imo, best fight for us to look at PLD damage done and taken, as well as enmity generated per second would be Miser. I think a comprehensive analysis of that might allow us to finally really compare enmity/mind; str/mid; str/enmity, and mitigation builds against each other.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
    dps is going to be odd in that fight owing to excessive time off target from cs's and the like. Imo, best fight for us to look at PLD damage done and taken, as well as enmity generated per second would be Miser. I think a comprehensive analysis of that might allow us to finally really compare enmity/mind; str/mid; str/enmity, and mitigation builds against each other.
    I agree that Miser would be a great fight to compare Enmity/Damage per second, because it's just a DPS race anyways.
    For me personally, it will be a while before I spam that dungeon. Busy collecting Hamlet Seals for a bit yet.

DPS: ****:50.15 ****:33.57 Judge:33.40 ****:32.32 ****:31.14 ****:23.34 ****:6.07 ****:2.99
    The main thing I wanted to represent here, was my damage relative to the rest of my party. (BLM's and BRD - Double and Tripple Melds)
    Take into account that I wasn't doing huge damage to any Meteors either, although I was pounding on Darnus pre-2 hour (not that it's huge damage while he's charging).

This doesn't account for any Flash/Provoke either. The average ENM Multiplier is rougly X3, but to be conservative I'll just say X2. So ENM per second would be 67ish
    (0)

Player

that chart molly references should give equal value to ACC and STR. If you are under accuracy cap then ACC > everything and if your weapon of choice adds accuracy you can swap in an equal number of STR in almost every slot. Example: rings 18str or 18acc, same for gloves where the materia breakdowns are the same for acc vs str.
    (0)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast