Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

Should ingrediants give EXP bonus?

My opinion may be controversial or not well received, but it is at least my personal experiences on my server is that there still isn't a viable demand for crafted food items.

There are probably a grand total of four products actively purchased by players, and basically anything that is not a level 60 recipe is something I've had to sell to NPC vendor after creating. Such a shame to throw good food away!

I feel some of the problem is that many players merely utilize the ingredients dropped by monsters while out leveling merely for the bonus effect, rather than purchase food from culinarians despite the fact that there are an abundance of extremely inexpensive finished crafted products available. Who would pass up something free for something purchased that ultimately gives you the same effect you desired?

I just wonder if it would be in the better interest of the economy that consuming ingredients had no effect at all, or merely a 1% bonus instead of 3% to help motivate players to support culinarians of all levels.

It would be nice if there were some quasi-demand for low level, "cheap" meal items. There's definitely enough variety of crafted foods to go around as well as NPC vendor sold ones to support it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    A penalty might be interesting. Raw meat gives diarrhoea...etc etc
    (0)

Character
    Shosa Sosa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Since its so easy to get to 50 in this game there's not demand for anything that isn't a high level recipe. CUL are not the only ones that have this problem.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    My issue with it isn't that the level range of consumers naturally outgrow the finished product, similar to weapons and armour. You can't consume a puk wing and get partial the effect of a potion, you cant equip an ingot and get partial the def of a sheild... so why is it that someone can consume an ingredient to a culinarian recipe and get often the only bonus they desired? Why bother having someone buy or make some apple juice with just the apple does the same thing?

Sure you get some stat bonus, but I find that many players just want the exp bonus which they get everywhere for free. It'd make more sense for it to function like any other craft's recipe ingredients.
    (0)