Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61

Gathering abilties need some attention

hey fellow DoL,

I am a fisher lvl 50 and botanist in the making.

I want to talk about your experience with abilities and the rate at which it triggers for you.

As a fisher i have to survive in a market where every third player (thats how it looks to me) uses a automated fishing bot. So i try to get items from fishing which you only get from schools.
    I dont want to complain about the fishing job or the bots, just trying to adress something.

The abilities.

Crafting got thier skills looked at and i think gathering needs the same attention.
    Our abilites trigger so seldom, they could not be there and wouldnt be missed.
    And IF they trigger the effect is not noticed at all.
    There is no insight in how they trigger and why, no modifier. its completly random when a skill triggers and stacking abilities does not help with triggering more often.
    Thats my experience with abilities.

Abilities need to be reworked, they have to be more potent and need to trigger more often.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Apparently DoL is getting a big redesign in 2.0. Or so I've read in interviews over the past year.

I agree, though, that the abilities seem largely meh. If and when they do proc, they seem to have little to no effect.

Since getting 50 BTN and MNR I've exclusively used the corresponding "Master of" abilities and I've gotten more HQs without them than with.

Here's to hoping DoL gets some love in the new world!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    i hope they are doing something for 2.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yeah, I doubt they're going to do anything serious to gatherers before 2.0. Sounds like they're getting a whole new system in 2.0 that dictates when you can activate abilities, along with a gatherer journal and other gatherer-only perks.
    (0)