Player
    Character
    Matthew Connor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Craftsmanship Vs. Magic Craftsmanship!

OK im pretty sure this was asked before but my search came out empty, i wanna know what to focus on when gearing up (basically for my GSM) i noticed all the high level gear has Magic Craftsmanship and the normal one is margined out, does this mean i should focus more on it (Mg. Crft.)?

I read somewhere that Craftsmanship affects jobs which rely on physical attributes i.e. GSM main-hand uses DEX and thus more Craftsmanship points equals easier synths and Magic Craftsmanship affects jobs which, apparently, rely on magic attributes i.e. ALC main-hand uses INT etc. etc., im not sure how true/accurate this is since SE have given little to no explanation on these two attributes..

i'm currently gearing up to focus on Craftsmanship but i cannot switch to higher level gear because they're all moving towards Mg. Crft. and i dont know if im doing things right or not , this issue has been bugging me for a while now and i havent found any solution so far

does anybody have anything to add here and probably help in clearing the fog?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    It depends entirely on the recipe. This goes for all crafts not GSM, but every recipe of the same family seems to favor one or the other. You might call which recipes favor which stat to be a trade secret, but I think there simply hasn't been a public cloud-based resource designed to handle this sort of information. As an example, I tried to make twinthread this morning with both my Craftsmanship (194) and Mag. Craftsmanship (174) sets and the attempts with the Craftsmanship set were noticeably easier and obtained higher quality.

As far as craftsmanship-related gear goes, at least you can use the Dodore Doublet as a GSM! Us LTWs are stuck with the L30 Vintage Doublet Vest+1 as our Best-In-Slot for Craftsmanship, which only provides a paltry +16.
    (2)