Player
    Character
    Arik Viceroy
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierBlade View Post
    Incorrect, because gil isn't measured in items. Your item being lost just means that someone else will move the 2mill, or you will have to find another way to get someone to move their 2mill into your inventory instead of theirs.

Again, neither of which are CREATING gil.
    Huh?
    The price/value of an item is measured in Gil.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arik Viceroy
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Also, there is no functional difference between npc'ing an item and blowing it up by attempted melding.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Powercow Cowcow
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Also, there is no functional difference between npc'ing an item and blowing it up by attempted melding.
    One puts more gil into circulation, the other doesn't.
    (0)
    If someone wins an argument, they have learned nothing.

FOR DOCKHAND!

Player

Okay.. Just so I don't have to respond to you twenty-seven more times..(Bc i feel like I have to respond to the immensely retarded posts)

If player A has 20mill gil total, and player A buys a 2mill weapon he now has 18mill.

Player B had 50mill gil total, and sold a 2mill weapon, he now has 52mill total.

Player A then sells his 2mill weapon back for 2mill. He now has 20mill gil again.

Player C had 30mill gil and bought the 2mil weapon, he now has 28mill.

Player C now attempts a double meld and blows it up. The item is now gone, however the gil is still in the ECONOMY (See player A's gil)

Now lets say this:

Player C, after buying that weapon for 2mill he now has 28mill. He attempts a double and succeeds!

He now sells the double stack for 20mill. He now has 48mill.

Player A bought the double meld, and now has 0 gil.

Player A turns the double meld into the NPC to start relic quest, the item is now gone...

THE GIL IS STILL IN THE ECONOMY.

Get it?

Every item you NPC is CREATING gil... every leve, quest, or any other gil obtaining method non-player related is CREATING gil.
    (1)
    Last edited by XavierBlade; 07-24-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    Scarface Champion, back from the dead.....AGAIN... 3 strikes and I'm out? Lawl
    http://perfection.guildwork.com/

Someone hurt my feelings today, this is what I did to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Reported them

Quote Originally Posted by fmonkey13 View Post
    This sounds awesome!! Can't wait to esperience it!!

Player

But I traded my 2 mil for the item, correct.
    you are not the entire economy though

if there is 100billion gil in circulation, and you buy an item for 2mil, that doesnt mean 2mil is gone, it just means someone else has it

the only gil; gone are the taxes(which are 40-100k depending on where it was sold, and maybe 4k more for the item menu)

again, YOU are not the economy, and alot of people dont understand that part of it

Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Huh?
    The price/value of an item is measured in Gil.
    Here's a really simple example:

Let's say that there are only 10M gil on one server.
    I have 0 gil but, I gather some mats, and create a piece of gear. I put it up on wards for 2M.
    You have 4M, and buy the gear from me. Now I have 2M and you 2M.
    You blow up the gear trying a double meld.
    There are still 10M on the whole server.

That's why people (me included) are saying that the only real gilsink is the price of the mat from Hamlet Defense, since buying from NPC actually removes money from the economy. Creating something from scratch only adds gil and buying something (even if it blows up) only moves gil around.

And that's why FFXIV's economy is so funny, there are a lot of ways to inject money into the economy but little to none to actually remove gil from the economy.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Okay.. Just so I don't have to respond to you twenty-seven more times..(Bc i feel like I have to respond to the immensely retarded posts)

If player A has 20mill gil total, and player A buys a 2mill weapon he now has 18mill.

Player B had 50mill gil total, and sold a 2mill weapon, he now has 52mill total.

Player A then sells his 2mill weapon back for 2mill. He now has 20mill gil again.

Player C now attempts a double meld and blows it up. The item is now gone, however the gil is still in the ECONOMY (See player A's gil)

Now lets say this:

Player C, after buying that weapon for 2mill he now has 28mill. He attempts a double and succeeds!

Player A turns the double meld into the NPC to start relic quest, the item is now gone...

Get it?

Every item you NPC is CREATING gil... every leve, quest, or any other gil obtaining method non-player related is CREATING gil.
    The gil is still in economy yes, but you aren't adding in the variables for buying things through the market ward. it should look more like this:
    If player A has 20mill gil total, and player A buys a 2mill weapon he now has 17,996,000 gil -4k.

Player B had 50mill gil total, and sold a 2mill weapon, he now has 51,900,000 gil total. -100k (based on 5% tax)

Player A then sells his 2mill weapon back for 2mill. He now has 19,896,000 gil -100k

Player C had 30mill gil and bought the 2mil weapon, he now has 28,996,000 gil. -4k

So in reality if everything was done through the MW and search system then 208k was removed from the economy not nothing. Unless the above trades took place with the /trade command though odds are the sales themselves took place in the MW and not outside of the market.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Elisuren
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I cant beleive how this thread is half responses to a person who cant understand that when you buy an item off the wards you are paying the person who put it up and the gil does not disappear from the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arik Viceroy
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50

Now lets say this:

Get it?

First, no need to be rude.
    Second, your entire scenario supposes that once you buy the item, it has no worth.

Is this true?..... Once you buy an item, it no longer has worth?

Yes, the 2mil in Gil that you used to buy the item is no longer liquid....but it still represents 2mil in Gil. That's why you are able to sell it back for the same 2mil gil that you payed for it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    First, no need to be rude.
    Second, your entire scenario supposes that once you buy the item, it has no worth.

Is this true?..... Once you buy an item, it no longer has worth?

Yes, the 2mil in Gil that you used to buy the item is no longer liquid....but it still represents 2mil in Gil. That's why you are able to sell it back for the same 2mil gil that you payed for it.
    The gil is "solid", it exists but in the pockets of another player. Even if you sell that piece of gear and get all your money back you aren't adding money to the economy - just moving it around players. The "real" worth and the only way to get "new" money is if you sell to NPC (since money is just being created out of nowhere and not just moving around players)
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast