Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    ^this, but it has been changed since (if I remember reading correctly a while back)

Originally, when your 'medal count' went up due to how many comments/post you made, there were people just spamming the forums to up their post count. So SE changed it so that 'Likes' would equal rep. But then, people just started creating topics that went something like this:

Original Post: Should Yoshi P wear a black shirt in the next Live Letter? Like this post for yes.
    The very next post (by same person) Like this post for no.

This blew some people's 'Likes' overly high and once again, spammed the forums with needless topics.

Due to this, they changed the formula once again. There should be some sort of dev comment or 'forum patch' that happened after Umo's posts that now explains that your 'medal count' is based on a formula that takes in account BOTH how many posts you've made AND how many likes you got.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Personally, I think they should scrap the medals for most of us. Maybe the community reps could 'reward' posters with a medal if over time etc. they truely help the community. This way, people who deserve to be singled-out for their helpfulness and/or mentoring would be rewarded (For example, Reinheart for his work on the JA-English translations thread) ...and silly 'spam the forums/like me! like me! like me!' posts to up 'medal count' might stop.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 02-23-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    •Medallion icon will now be granted depending on the number of times player has pressed the "Like!" button.
    So does that mean if I go through every topic clicking like on everything i'll get more medals.??

Or would silver be the number of peoples posts I like and gold the number of my posts other people like?? or vice versa?
    quite confusing really.

I had originally thought it was based on posts but then I see people with more posts and less medals and people with less posts and more medals.

For the lols....
    Can legacy people get a platinum medal?..... oh the outrage.....
    (3)
    Last edited by Dzian; 02-24-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2