Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Battle Simulators

In the interests of increasing player skill and minimizing the expense of items and gil spent on training runs, would it be plausible to have a sort of battle simulation?

Example:

You want to train little Jimmy on how to properly do Ifrit. Your linkshell (or more fittingly, your Free Company), would enter a simulation of the Ifrit (Hard) fight where you can train him and any other LS member on proper placement, enemy abilities, etc. The battlefield would be identical to the Bowl of Embers.

The simulation would be different from the main fight as follows:

-No Rewards
    -No Achievements
    -No Entry item required
    -No gear damage during battle or upon death.
    -Any consumable items used during the simulation are returned at the end.

Otherwise, the fight would operate on the same principals of damage and mob behavior.

This could be a function for the Free Companies to have a "Training" field of sorts if we ever get such a "guild hall" option. Also, Ifrit is just an example. You could also have a Howling Eye for Garuda, Thornmarch for Moogles, "Dungeon Type A/B/C/D" for Coincounter, Ogre, Chimera, etc. or "Open Field" for NM's like Great Buffalo, Haughtplox Bloatbelly, Uraeus, etc.

Just suggestions because everyone needs to learn eventually and if players took a more active role in teaching with this kind of system, I think we'd get better players overall.

EDIT:

I have absolutely ZERO lore on how this could work. Best I can come up with is....Aether Hallucinations? XD
    (3)
    Last edited by Alerith; 07-20-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Or at the end of the fight have a roeg take off his ifrit costume, "How did it go guys? did i play a convinceing Ifrit?" he says..
    (7)

Player

the re-entry period for instances is so short anyway though, you might as well just do the actual instance.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They could do this with Skirmish, those are training drills too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I somewhat understand why the op would ask for such a thing. When theres loot involved some times "training" takes a back seat. Even if the event/fight is about training before it even starts. eyes turn green and then folks can get butthurt if theres no wins.

By removing the reward at then end, and removing the gil sink of repairs, it makes such a run leave no doubt tht this is for training new/inexperienced players ONLY. SOme folks would want nothing to do with a run with no loot, training or not...but then you do kinda find out whos hepful for the sake of helping, and whos really after loot alone, no matter who is left behind.
    (1)

Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Indeed. It's also because I'm currently learning all that is involved in tanking Garuda from an experienced group kind enough to let me in. Unfortunately, I wiped them twice because the first time we got to a phase I had no practical experience. Then the second time, we get past that phase, but then we get to another I had no practical experience in.

I'm happy for the fact that they let me join and were willing to teach me, but it's still horrible because this was an experienced group that would have otherwise won those runs, gotten their rewards and not had to repair their stuff, just because I was new to the fight.

With a system like this, these situations can be avoided, and a more positive training environment can be established.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryans Tardis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 53
    Lore: We take over some Garlean tech that is either already a battle simulator or Cid converts it into one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Hart
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    HIs/Her HP should adjustable for training last phase
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Eh, the drawbacks for training on Ifrit/Garuda/Moogle are virtually non-existant. You don't lose your entrance items unless you win, so its just durability of gear, and time...

This isn't like FFXI where you are out exp, entrance items, Lots of time, etc.. etc... when you lose.
    (2)

Player

I would rather just have test dummies that we can tweak stats on to match a monster. So I can test accuracy, rotations, gear swaps w/e I want.

Could be tied to a collectible card game of some kind for 2.0, collect the card/monster etc then you can use it to bestow the test dummy with its attributes for testing. This would be fun and provide me with a usefull testing ground.
    (1)
    How Durandal Rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Bow Chica Bow-Wow...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast