Player
    Character
    Dubont Matteus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Want to get the best out of my BLM.

Looking to see what I need to improve on stat-wise.

Currently I have, from point allotment +23 INT, +11 MND and +11 Piety

My current stats are
    Int:334
    Mind:235
    Piety:262
    456 AMP
    473 MACC

I still feel like I'm not doing enough damage. Should I change some things in point allotment to make a difference or will it not help that much?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    It would (always) be good to increase Magic Attack Potency as much as possible (without loosing out on Magic Accuracy). It is also good to remember that if you wear something that increases Lightning Potency it will not show up on your stats screen, so you need to mentally add that in as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dubont Matteus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Thanks. How should I go about point allotment for the best possible outcome? Leave it as is or do 23 INT 22 MND OR 23 INT 22 Piety?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Howl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    INT INT INT. Your INT and MAP both are on the lower side so you are just not seeing the burst damage if you are comparing yourself to other BLMS. All siuational of course but my everyday stats sit around 400 INT 515 MAP and only 435 MAC. I use food for the MAC and swap out the rings for fights like princess, cc, etc. 473 MAC pre food is way to much imo.
    (0)
    Last edited by Al_Harrington; 08-10-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.

Player
    Character
    Dubont Matteus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Harrington View Post
    INT INT INT. Your INT and MAP both are on the lower side so you are just not seeing the burst damage if you are comparing yourself to other BLMS. All siuational of course but my everyday stats sit around 400 INT 515 MAP and only 435 MAC. I use food for the MAC and swap out the rings for fights like princess, cc, etc. 473 MAC pre food is way to much imo.
    Gotcha. I'll be switching out some rings and such to get a little more int. As I asked earlier, what do you suggest for point allotment? All INT or split it up a bit?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I think most people focus on INT (magic attack potency). Then they spend the rest on MND (Magic accuracy). PTY does not give much MP, and Enfeebling Magic is not very useful here (unlikes pre 1.2 where there were enfeebling skills....).

So, basically max INT/MND is common. Of course, some people choose a different play style and wish to focus on other aspects. It is up to you. And at the moment, it is 'only' +23.
    (0)