Player
    Character
    Micke Hanumanson
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 83

The best black mages two hand staff

Just wonder what is the best two handed black mage staff out there you can buy for gil or GC seals? I saw that there was two level 50 staff. One that had +120 attack magic potential but -20 magic accuracy. This staff is very cheap. Another staff have +25 int and +50 hp i think but is very expensive, near 2 milion gil.Is it worth it?
    How about GC staff?
    Thx for your answers^^
    (1)

I don't hate people, I just feel better when they aren't around C.Bukowski (Hank)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    If you're determined to have a two-handed weapon, here are the main choices for you:

Aubriest's Whisper: Potency +120, MAcc -20.

Ivory Staff: MAcc+10, MCrit Rate +10 (Melds with Int, MAtk and Elemental Potency materias)

Lominsan Staff: MAcc +15, MCrit Rate +15

Go with whatever is cheapest till you can multi-meld an Ivory Staff.

Though, if you're open to one-handed weapons, the Lominsan Scepter is a decent cheap choice too.

EDIT: The one you saw with only Int and HP for 2 mil was the Astrolabe. It's only that expensive because of the Relic quest. Astrolabe itself is THM-only.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sephrick; 07-20-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Most people drop 2-hands in favor of a scepter and a shield. People in general use 2-handed only if they get Garuda's or Relic.
    (3)

4. 07-21-2012 05:19 AM

Player
    Character
    Micke Hanumanson
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    If you're determined to have a two-handed weapon, here are the main choices for you:

Aubriest's Whisper: Potency +120, MAcc -20.

Ivory Staff: MAcc+10, MCrit Rate +10 (Melds with Int, MAtk and Elemental Potency materias)

Lominsan Staff: MAcc +15, MCrit Rate +15

Go with whatever is cheapest till you can multi-meld an Ivory Staff.

Though, if you're open to one-handed weapons, the Lominsan Scepter is a decent cheap choice too.

EDIT: The one you saw with only Int and HP for 2 mil was the Astrolabe. It's only that expensive because of the Relic quest. Astrolabe itself is THM-only.

Ooops. That was near i bought Astrolabe. I thought so expensive must be very good. I didnt see it was only for thm to. Thanks for saving me 2 milion gil^^
    (0)

I don't hate people, I just feel better when they aren't around C.Bukowski (Hank)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Personally I think Garuda's Van is the best 2-handed, it gives INT+30, Magic Accuracy+25 and Enmity-30. All very good.

Aubreists's Whisper is nice if you suffer from big number syndrome as it will boost your critical hits on mobs, but at the cost of accuracy (and no bonus at all when doing non-critical attacks) I do not see it as a very useful weapon. If you can consistently time it with Flare tho it could have its use ^^

Maleficent Mogstaff is very nice for its Magic Accuracy of +30. However Garuda's Van is much better (5 less accuracy but a lot more to make up for that). However, the Mogstaff is cute ^.^, and easier to obtain.

The Ivory Staff (Magic Accuracy +10, Magic Critical HIt Rating +10) has some promise, but only if you start melding. You can add Lightning Magic Potency +30 (but each one costs upwards of 2-3M), or just add INT +20. However, would still not be as good as Garuda's Van. You would have to 2x or 3x meld to start comparing with Primal Weapons at this point (and that will be *VERY* expensive. 2x Lighting IV on Ivory Staff, prepare to spend about 20-30M, *IF* you can find/get the materia.

My honest realistic recommendations:
    Get Garuda's Van if you can. Otherwise Maleficent Mogstaff. Unfortunately, some of the best BLM weapons right now are still one-handed (which is what you are trying to avoid).

Perhaps Skirmish or the Next Primal will have a two-handed BLM weapon ^.^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Umo Heima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Perhaps Skirmish or the Next Primal will have a two-handed BLM weapon ^.^
    This is confirmed for Skirmish:

I'm expecting it's going to be worst than Garuda's Van, though. I guess it should be that way...
    (0)
    English is not my mother language. I'm trying to do my best, so please don't be rude...

¡Únete a la Comunidad en español de FFXIV en MeWe!
    https://mewe.com/join/ffxivesp

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Looks almost like a lance ^.^;

Yes, I believe skirmish is supposed to be easier than Garuda, so it should have lower stats than Garuda's weapons. That being said, unless it's a straight scale-down it could end up being situationally better.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azran Hayat
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Umo View Post

I'm expecting it's going to be worst than Garuda's Van, though. I guess it should be that way...
    it"s actually decent, and meldable
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Malix Farwin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    it"s actually decent, and meldable
    its pretty decent only second garuda's van and relic
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alzelia Shey
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Umo View Post

This with double melded Lightning would be so sick!!
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast