Player

what to solo for fun/gil (on whm)

i need some ideas. I'm really into the whole solo WHM thing. so I'm trying to find out just what all I can do, hopefully with the potential of making some gil on top of it.

something challenging with potential rare/wanted drops would be nice. I started off by going for some gold chests in strongholds, but that's extremely time consuming, and so far I haven't been able to farm anything past the silver/copper chests in Zahar'ak. not a lot of potential gil there, although it's a decent challenge getting to them alive.

any ideas?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Damnlama Alterar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Giit View Post
    i need some ideas. I'm really into the whole solo WHM thing. so I'm trying to find out just what all I can do, hopefully with the potential of making some gil on top of it.

something challenging with potential rare/wanted drops would be nice. I started off by going for some gold chests in strongholds, but that's extremely time consuming, and so far I haven't been able to farm anything past the silver/copper chests in Zahar'ak. not a lot of potential gil there, although it's a decent challenge getting to them alive.

any ideas?
    Yeah if you are trying to do a beastman camp you are probably better getting stuff at Natalan; but if your having trouble getting far into Zahar'ak then Natalan is gonna be really hard to solo as WHM.

One thing you might try is raptors at Iron Lake. IF you can solo them as a WHM the skins will sell for pretty decent money on the wards. Soloing as a WHM may be risky though.

If you are desperate for money and want to solo something you are probably better off leveling a gathering job and selling raw materials to crafters. OR, if you want to farm mobs level any other DOW/DOM than WHM.
    (1)
    Last edited by DAMNLAMA; 07-20-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Player

raptors are pretty easy. and Natalan isn't too bad, I've solo'd to the back of the wolf camp a few times. I'm trying to find a single target type challenge, if there's no loot, that's fine also, but chance of phats is preferred obviously ^^ the strongholds are plenty of a challenge with adds, but the time consumed by getting to the target chests then farming 1 easy boss defeats the value of the challenge. I've looked all through the websites, and it seems like all of the NM's go from easy, to impossible, it doesn't seem like there's anything in between unless I'm missing something.
    (0)

Player

You can solo Sentinel Sabatton NM at Zaharak, it sells for 600-800k a pop on my server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    You could always try farming for beastmen coins.

If you're interested in getting a relic, you'll eventually need a lot of the Kobold coins.

If you're not interested in getting a relic, they sell well on the market wards now.
    (0)

Player

this is more like what I'm talking about.

but I was hoping i could find something that might drop rare mats or gear, so it's not just purely testing what I can solo. I've kinda given up on that now. I've done the sentinel farming, beastcoin farming, all profitable, but no challenge.

so now, all I'm doing is upping the level by 1 each time i go out to solo a biaste or snipper. I'm going to try a 63 tomorrow. the limits being mainly MP maintenance during the fight, in general, so far it's not that difficult other than managing MP.
    (0)