Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72

Fill the land of 2.0 with loot!

I hope there will be a metric gigaton of collectables scattered throughout the zones of 2.0.

There should be a reason for players to explore the zones on their own and find hidden treasure chests all over the place.

They could be tied to metagames like achievements and GC points/gear/you name it/recipes.

Also the placements of collectables would offer nice challenges for player to figure out how to get past or through a group of mobs or even NM's that need to be killed for some chests to appear.

Maybe even hide some maps to be unlocked if all the tokens of zone X are collected? Sky is the limit for variety here.

Since SE is going through the trouble of doing an entire new landscape please make it count.

This would also be one of the few challenges in open world that you could not complete by just staring at map markers.
    (57)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I don't care about collectables, I just want an awesome world to explore.
    (32)

Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Just random ideas regarding to this:

Maybe some events could take advantage of this for example an Easter egg-hunt that randomly places collectables in some zone to find to complete an event?

A chest chain where every chest spawns a mob and gives a key to the next harder one?

Randomly placed collectable that gives you a def buff for 20 mins?

I just hope exploration will be encouraged and rewarded instead of this current model of huddling around crystals all the time that instance everything.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Caterina Rose
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    With you 100%
    I hate how everything worthwhile gets instanced. What's the point in a gigantic, beautiful world if there's no character benefit to exploring it? I thought they took a very small step in the right direction with Shposhae, having those unique plundered items in an open world space like that. I went there and I enjoyed collecting them. It's one of the only times I've done anything fun in open world FFXIV. When I was done using them for my low level jobs, I was glad to be able to sell them and get a small cash windfall.

More NMs, events and chests with worthwhile and unique loot, all the way. Items that have their own niche and will always be worth getting, like Astral Rings in XI, for example. And not everything has to be Ex, sometimes it's fun to get a paycheck item!
    (12)

Player

Unique mobs in various areas that ddrops tripe triad cards.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Chardrizard View Post
    Unique mobs in various areas that ddrops tripe triad cards.
    I love it. Triple triad cards would be perfect for this.

This might sound OT but I just realised this when playing Tera.
    I was looking at a pathway to just one of the waterfalls that are decorated with wrecked pirate ships. A familiar thought popped into my head: "I wonder what's behind that bend?"

Sure it looked absolutely amazing but I didn't autorun there because having played the game for a few hours I already knew that there's literally nothing to discover on the ground by wandering off on your own. Thus I don't think there really is true exploration in that game. You're just following map markers on a straight path laid out by the quest system. Then suddenly the whole game world started to feel very hollow, a feeling I remember from the first month of XIV.

2.0 doesn't have to waste the landscape to be just areas for leves. Make us care to see every nook and cranny and leave no stone unturned, no mob unkilled, no cliff unseen, no beach un-sun-bathed, no shop rifled through, no grass uncut...

you know what I made my point better in the op so...yeah.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Aeon Ares
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I'd love to see something like FFXI's Treasure Hunting, where you could hunt down specific mobs in non-instanced dungeons to have them drop a key which opens a random-spawning treasure chest you have to look for.
    Had so much fun with that, made me explore every little corner of those dungeons.

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Always agree on collectibles that fill the world with things to find everywhere.

Made also a topic time ago: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...through-Eorzea
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Other nifty things I'd like to see:
    • Ultra-rare (.03%) drops on every mob -- eg. Lead Coblyn drops a Vampire Plant, or Marmot drops an Electrum Earring.
    • Make more obscure passages and hard-to-get to areas in maps. Many FFXI zones had areas that were only accessible by traveling to a different zone and finding a different entrance back.
    • Rare Conditional Spawn Mobs - many zones should have mobs that only appear under special conditions: Weather type, Moon Phase, Mob family kills in the zone, harvesting thresholds reached, etc. The mobs could be part of quests, NMs for loot, or just interesting curiosities. (Imagine a zone where after logging [x] amount of a rare wood, a Grove Guardian appears, travels a path through each logging point and then fades)
    • Scavenger hunt type quests - Like the XI quest: "An Explorer's Footsteps" where you have to collect the imprints from the stone monoliths hidden around the world..
    • Mob Hunts - FFXII style.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Amyas Leigh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500 View Post
    I don't care about collectables, I just want an awesome world to explore.
    Aaaand three minutes later someone had already popped in with a big fat

OP already said it should have an awesome world and cool stuff for people to do/collect.
    (7)
    Last edited by Amyas; 07-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast