Player
    Character
    Lyndel Qa'tre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Curtana :(

I'm still going to go for it. However, is anyone else upset that there is no Enmity+ on this weapon?

Instead we got Accuracy. The tanking class. Got Accuracy.

Compared to Bravura which has 50 enmity on it.

I love paladin to death, and playing it, But this is really driving me crazy. If Paladin is going to be the tanking class and not have access to the DPS numbers that a Warrior can put out.... Can you please give us the appropriate gear in order to do so?

I could go on a whole other tangent about re-working our abilities too, but I'll just stick to the Relic
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Well i can tell you that i've been using paladin a lot lately and the other day doing the ifrit fight, i didnt have any trouble holding hate at all, right now i think they fixed that by a lot, although it would be nice having an enmity + on the weapon, maybe war with all the changes got nerfed on enmity, who knows
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I wonder the same thing OP. I always thought WAR was a DD class..and PLD was tank. If we have 2 tanking classes why are all the other classes one obvious role? >.> I could see WAR being something of a back up tank...but beyond that...

Its like..BRD can throw in a couple cures to help assist the WHM but if the WHM goes down the BRD should not be able to take over the role of main healing.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    WAR and PLD have the same Accuracy and accuracy issues, being they don't differ in gear much and have the same equipment selection there isn't much to separate the two. In bigger fights like Garuda where accuracy can be an issue missing with WAR's slower weapon can be a big blow to TP/WS spam that in turn is a big blow to their overall DPS. The same can be said for PLD despite their overall lower TP requirements and faster weapons. In PLD's case maintaining hate is much more crucial due to their lower overall damage, so NOT missing as often (especially on our combo finishers) is far more important and yields much greater benefits than a partly +50 Enmity boost IMO.

I know people put alot of faith into Enmity, but you have to remember Enmity is a % increase and when your damage be it 800 or 80 average takes a blow so does the value of Enmity and your hate.
    (4)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Thing with paladin is that ACC gives it enmity. PLD gets a lot of it's enmity from certain skills, and missing that one skill can hurt a lot. However war itself gets their enmity from raw damage. This means that even if war has a high damage, the enmity bonus they get isn't that high. So while flat blade is like a x5 multiplier on enmity, wars have to go off damage so they need more enm +.

ACC is something all PLDs should want, and with the WAR relic not having any, they need to lose some sort of damage/mitigation/enm somewhere to be able to use that axe.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lyndel Qa'tre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    You can put on ACC rings. You dont have the Option of putting on Enmity Rings for a paladin.

It's just a natural thought to always have Enmity on your weapon where available. Precisely because of what I stated.

ACC being more important for a WAR is another reason why I think it's crazy. Not only is ACC really important for a WAR tank, But it's just as important for a DPS WAR.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lyndel Qa'tre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by elreed View Post
    Well i can tell you that i've been using paladin a lot lately and the other day doing the ifrit fight, i didnt have any trouble holding hate at all, right now i think they fixed that by a lot, although it would be nice having an enmity + on the weapon, maybe war with all the changes got nerfed on enmity, who knows
    If you're in a party or doing fights like Miser with properly geared good players, and you donot have any enmity gear, there is absolutely no way you are going to hold hate. Unless you're playing Warrior.

My gripe isn't that Paladin isn't capable of tanking in these situations with the proper gearing (I.E. 80+ enmity, preferably 130~ish) But that Warrior can do it far easier, with less gear, and deal out more damage.

I could see it possibly being a problem if WHM mana had any chance of running out, but the decreased dmg that Paladin takes is quite negligible in runs when a WAR can kill faster and hold hate easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alindalia Finrandi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Curtana: 119 Damage, so you hit harder with everything and generate more enmity.
    Increases Spirits Within damage, which is massive enmity.
    Accuracy +40 So you can wear MND/STR rings which lets you generate more enmity.
    Healing Magic Potency +15, so your heals heal more and generate more enmity.
    HP+120, to make your Spirits Within combo do more damage, generating more enmity.
    Chance to Restore MP, so you can cast more heals and generate more enmity.

Who says we don't have +enmity on our weapon?
    (30)
    (My current Free Company) officially states that, (Current Free Company) does not share, condone, support or otherwise endorse what I have to say. (Current Free Company) shall be held harmless and indemnified. Your consent to this agreement is assumed by reading this post.

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatre View Post
    You can put on ACC rings. You dont have the Option of putting on Enmity Rings for a paladin.

It's just a natural thought to always have Enmity on your weapon where available. Precisely because of what I stated.

ACC being more important for a WAR is another reason why I think it's crazy. Not only is ACC really important for a WAR tank, But it's just as important for a DPS WAR.

Perhaps giving us a rundown of your stats would be beneficial (STR/MND/Atk/Acc/Enmity/Def/VIT), just to get an idea where your standing. Hate more or less has been a non-exsistant issue for PLD (at least for me) since they boosted our hate modifiers and some of our WS's damage so it's a hard call for me to really say we need the Enmity over the benefits of acc.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatre View Post

No tank should think about stacking enmity, it's a horrible solution. If you think acc is more important on WAR, then you must not play PLD enough. Also why use acc rings when you can use other rings because you get more acc on the weapon than 2 electrum rings? I think your ideology that you need to stack enm to tank is what's limiting your perspective on the capabilities the weapon itself has. You don't need ENM + on your weapon to tank on PLD, why would you need it only because it's on a relic? I mean WAR definitely needs it more than PLD.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast