Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Vytas Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Lame thread with lame complaints - you are the one to blame for joining a Linkshell full of douches XD
    Blaming the humanity on this forum wont help you, only will make you look stupid.
    How about you go and find some nice friends that will treat you the way you like to be treated, and if there are no such ppl on the planet earth - nobody forces you to join lame ones, just enjoy your life while soloing
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Johon Zei
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 32
    Link-shell leaders currently have the right to choose how they will select ls members. I don't think this should ever change. Some ls have lots of structure, and some ls have little structure; diversity is good. Everyone has the right to choose what ls they belong to. We are not all going to agree... again (best to understand that this game attempts to cater to a diverse audience). Lets keep that mind and let people choose who that want to let in their ls.

However, people should not be allowed to be awful to others. Lets remember that some people that play FFXIV are children. A little tolerance is appropriate as not to hurt the feelers of the little ones.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I'm annoyed with the applications, too, but it's a way to discourage people who don't think they'll be in the game long. I haven't had many problems with social shells, myself. They're a great way to meet people and branch into more serious shells.
    As for elitism, be a little more assertive in calling them on their shit. Not everyone has the time or patience to have epic gear, and they need to realize that every player deserves their chance to learn. My friends in our social shell are trying to beat Garuda lately, and I try to remind them that it isn't going to come easily, but people have to start somewhere. On the other hand, if a player goes for several hours, or even days, without learning anything, then personally I think they should consider doing other things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Resheph Rahovari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 70
    This is a good time to pipe up and point out the horrible lack of tools for linkshell leaders to use. How about the ability to kick someone who isn't logged in and standing next to you? So many linkshells are full of inactive players. Many have to make a regular practice of breaking/reforming just to make space for new members. How about alphabatizing the names in the members list? Showing last time logged in and maybe even duration? How about the ability to change linkshells or talk in multiple shells without needing to use the current menu based method? More linkshells, More linkshell icons? This is the kind of things I would have thought this thread would be about... Not this temper tantrum and reactionary flaming.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
    The funny thing is, the shell this is in reference to has no points system and deals with drops essentially how the game does with /random thrown in where needed. We don't really take it too seriously, and this is the second person to leave because they felt entitled when one friend gave another an item. In both cases the recipient included others on a /random anyway.
    Well if it was really all random, you would all have just rolled and whoever won, won it, instead of "I'll give this item to a friend" wish is kinda messed up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    This is a good time to pipe up and point out the horrible lack of tools for linkshell leaders to use. How about the ability to kick someone who isn't logged in and standing next to you? So many linkshells are full of inactive players. Many have to make a regular practice of breaking/reforming just to make space for new members. How about alphabatizing the names in the members list? Showing last time logged in and maybe even duration? How about the ability to change linkshells or talk in multiple shells without needing to use the current menu based method? More linkshells, More linkshell icons? This is the kind of things I would have thought this thread would be about... Not this temper tantrum and reactionary flaming.
    i agree with most of your post, but wanted to point out they did add the ability to change shells while crafting and gathering so you don't have to go into the menu to do it.

/equiplinkshell #
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Rukira Michaelis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    OP mad.

But, really. What do you expect? Endgame shells exist because people are SICK of shitty pugs. They want experienced members that have been through shit groups and are willing to work together. Also-yea, I'd be pissed if a 40 got DL over my 50.

So here are some solutions, OP.
    -Make your own damn LS
    -Join a social LS
    -Play something else
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    "Holy wall of text!" you say? I do jib on a bit but felt that the majority of this post was necessary:

I cannot deny that a few of us have read this thread, and admittedly had a bit of a giggle - however none of us wanted to truthfully get involved with a rant on these forums, as they tend to escalate to a level that is both stupid and undermining (possibly not the word I am looking for, I am no vocabulary king). I am also no grammar or spelling president, so I accept all trolling regarding that topic.

However I will touch on a few points that have already been covered by the many responses in this thread. From experience with this player on a daily basis for some time now - I believe this thread was made for nothing more then attention seeking. Whether it be for a negative or positive response. For your information, I am one of the many "boyfriends" so adequately mentioned in the OP, in regards to the linkshell leader and all of the active members.

I also agree that some form of screening regarding the recruitment procedure is nothing but a positive, perhaps not to the player applying (depending on the person) - whether it be an application, interview, community reputation, game experience etc, but more to the linkshell - as it helps weed out the negative mindsets or attitudes that some players tend to carry with them. As mentioned by other people in this thread - end game shells will generally be a little more strict on game experience due to their play-style, the will to progress and determination that the majority of these players possess. Kudos goes to those guys, I can't see myself being a server/world "first" but I do enjoy watching the videos and learning from them.

I will be brutally honest - the linkshell I am a member of, does not have an official "screening", however in the game's current state - if you are at an end game level, you know or have heard of a solid majority of the player-base if not by word of mouth but by previous experience in a pick-up.

A lot of people have been talking about linkshell categories, and while I do believe these exist, there are variables to consider. Yes we are what I consider reasonably skilled, not "the best" or most "elite" on the server by any means but we do down Garuda on a daily basis and to me that is a bigger achievment then some players have obtained. We are a group of friends that enjoy to play end game content, attempt to keep up with the progress of the latest patches, and generally strive to improve our knowledge and skill. Some of the players in our shell tend to fall behind and their will is not to progress. That's fine, as long as those players that are striving for more do not get held back by those few that tend to dwindle on older content for a long time.

A lot of linkshells use applications - good for them. A lot of linkshells don't. Is it such a huge issue? Hell, I have filled out a few applications in the past and after playing with them - I have decided that they either don't play at my pace (either too fast or too slow), or simply not an environment I want to spend my "free-time" in. Afterall, this is a game. (even though so many people claim it to be a job). Each to your own. Find one that suits you. (As everyone has stated).

Regarding specific classes/roles that a linkshell requests you play, generally speaking you will be good at the class you like the most. This class will also more then likely be the class you gear first. At times, some players are at a higher skill level then others - so naturally they will fill those roles first. This is not favouritism (I am not from the US for you spelling nazi's ), this is quite simply who is best suited to improve the chances of success for the specific event. Naturally once those players fill those roles, the others are then required. Sometimes this means shuffling people around so they aren't playing their optimal class, however everyone has to do it on the odd occasion, some more then others. Why should someone be exempt from this? Diversifying equals availability. If you have the job that the party of a limited 8 requires, then you are more likely going to be invited. Simple as that.

Regarding the particular loot "incident" , Phobos' story pretty much hit the nail on the head. 5x linkshell members, 3x pick-ups. Was a spur-of-the-moment run, loot conditions were not clearly defined before the run. DL helm drops to one of our main linkshell BLM's, that player passed it to the leader and said "do what you want with it." The leader decided to let another member roll on it, that member rolled, leader won, leader kept. This was not a linkshell exclusive run, it was a few random friends getting together and having fun in a raid. End of story.

The one thing that irrrks me (and I usually hate that word) about the OP is the point regarding the 2x DRG's gear - being triple melded. I believe the fact that is being ignored is these players went through the effort of levelling a craft, farming the gil, farming the GC seals, spiritbonding the materia, and all of the other tid bits that are involved for getting yourself prepared to gear your DoW/DoM classes. Not to mention the repetative requests to create and meld gear from certain people - even to the point of giving a reasonably valuable double meld at a massively discounted price - to someone who has "no intention to level a DoH". Now I am starting to see the reason applications are very popular.

This also does not mention that they learnt the dungeons/raids, fights, content - all to better equip themselves, and the knowledgebase of the linkshell in general. Then all of a sudden you have someone who shows up to a random event every now and again and expects to be handed the "best in slot" piece for a job that they havn't even finished levelling? I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Generally speaking, the people that work hard, play seriously, or grind on mindless rubbish - get the rewards. Those that get dragged along with them might pick up a few things on the way but as a player - their skill and knowledge stays very linear. You can either be a part of the bigger thinkers and get your stuff done - or quite simply play casually and social, however progress is slower. There is only so much guidance you can give someone, yet it is up to them to learn or ignore. It gets tiresome when you do try to teach people to improve their skill with some content, yet they are refusing to learn. In the end, this is a game - everyone plays for different reasons and goals. Whichever option makes you happy.

As I said, I didn't plan on responding to this thread because the OP is riddled with a web of incomplete, and incorrect information regarding one instance where they did not get a drop that they wanted. This post was designed to get attention, and mission accomplished.

Peace
    (7)
    Last edited by Altena; 07-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Warren Slassi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    i kinda agree with OP that some stuff for getting into an ls is retarded. i made my own shell with only a couple rules and everyone in mine likes it so far, 1 be willing to die, 2 be ready to play a different job at any time. everyone has their own way of doing things, dont get mad at others just because u dont like it. do things ur way

and uhh as for "experieced players policies", they r retarded. they just make it so u dont have to train people as much. i would rather bring a new guy in and train him from scratch. simple fact is, u can learn better how skilled the player is that way
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amyas Leigh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    My ls is wonderful and pretty much accepts anyone as long as they ask. Sometimes even if they don't

EDIT: crippled christ almighty after actually reading some of the posts on here I feel very sick to my stomache ><. drops by seniority? experianced onry? wtf kind of elitism is that bull. I wouldn't want to play with people like that even if it was the only way to progress. Straight up douche bull is what it is :/
    (2)
    Last edited by Amyas; 07-19-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: -_-

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast