Player
    Character
    Gaarl Grimm
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Gear Assistance

Ive been doing some research for my end game gear. I'm lvl 50 now and I have all my AF and what not, a Sibold's Reach. My primary stats are:

STR - 259
    VIT - 290

It's my understand that STR caps at 350 and around 300 for VIT.

That being said, I'm wondering what my best gear progression would be. Naturally, I need the Ifrit Axe. While I'm waiting for that, what else should I be focusing on? x2 or x3 Meld gear? If thats the case where should I start. I'm completely overwhelmed with all the options and I'm not even certain on the caps due to how old all information is for this game.

I've seen end game gear people with like triple meld gloves with +50 some odd STR etc. I would just like some help with gear direction.

At the moment I figure I would buy a +1 Electrum Ring for the (18) Accuracy. Should I get a +18 STR ring? or more accuracy? Should I wait for trip meld stuff to go on the AH for my boots/gloves/belt or just settle with double meld? halp. thanks guys!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    If you're gearing to tank, you're probably not going to reach the stat caps. If you're gearing purely for DD, then yeah you'll probably need some multi-melds.

I'll neglect to answer your accessories question because I'm no math nut.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gaarl Grimm
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Why wouldn't I reach the stat caps as a tank? Is there a way I'm supposed to spec? I'm assuming you're talking about an enmity belt or whatever? So..if I did want to go pure tank then what would be my options?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shigeru Ookami
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    As a tank, you will want to hit the accuracy cap as missing combos will definitly scew you up. Then, I think electrum rings (+1) is a very good options for rings. I don't know about the explorer's choker, as it's pretty expensive but it gives a huge accuracy boost.

Try to hit also your VIT cap, which shouldn't be to hard considering what your stats are right now.

Finally, there's a few key pieces for tanking as war. I'm thinking about Sentinel's Sabaton melded with HP x2 or x3 and the cobalt plate belt with enemity materia.

As for DD, I'm also very clueless.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Tanks generally meld HP on their gear, so that's why you probably won't hit your stat caps.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    You would wanna go for the Mog Axe starting out, it's loads better than Ifrit's. Later on you wanna move onto Garuda's Axe and then even more down the line a Relic.
    As far as tanking, as Raldo said tanks meld HP to most of their gear so it's harder to reach your cap. Alternatively you could double meld some STR on your gauntlets since more DPS = more enmity. VIT also helps with this.

I use Mog Axe, double melded STR on gauntlets, double melded HP pants, double melded HP sabatons, double melded enmity cobalt plate belt, AF body and head, 1 STR ring, 1 ACC ring, +enmity earrings, +enmity wrists, and since I'm Gridanian I got the +attack and +crit attack necklace.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gaarl Grimm
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Alright. So..atm on my server there are some double meld STR gloves..they give +33 STR for Cobalts gloves, they're about 1mil. Enmity belts are like 5-7mil for double melt enmity so that will have to wait. I'll do an Electrum +1, STR+1 Ring and shoot for a Mog Axe then but still not neglect Ifrit for farming/ off chance I get to DPS. The +5 Accry/+30 Enmity necklace or whatever is like 10 mil so thats out of the question and I dont even understand or know how to get it from Hamlet...lol Alright. Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone else have any opinions? I'd love to hear a lot more. Are my STR / VIT caps correct as 350/ 300-310(secondary)?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I'm just regurgitating what I see on the BG forums:
    ballpark number is 330/300 for primary/secondary.
    The exact amount you need varies by the DPS of the weapon you're using (higher DPS = higher stat caps), but the 330/300 number was for Primal weapons (probably done with Ifrit weapons).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amaie Seilyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    From my experience, I've noticed the HP melds don't really do you much good as a tank, at least small ones, but I suppose body/feet gear can be used for that. I'm using AF body and Explorer's Moccasins since I haven't got around to gearing my war specifically yet.

My way of doing WAR is simply damage, although the gear is mostly from lancer. Mog Axe, Triple meld STR mitt gauntlets (+43 total), double meld str/vit Felt Trousers (+20/+22 in total), explorer's bandana for acc or AF for more stats, Explorer's Belt, Electrum Gorget+1, Coral Armillae, and depending on situation, either str+acc rings or both str.

The "accuracy" build there gives me a bit over 90% accuracy on Garuda as tank, or about 95% as DD going after plumes. I'm not logged in right now so can't give you exact stat numbers, but I believe I was about 300str/290vit with this build. Also, I kept hate slightly better on Garuda than HP/Enmity-melded PLD/WAR, so I can attest to that DD geared WAR makes for a good tank, even with just one enmity piece in total.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malix Farwin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    You would wanna go for the Mog Axe starting out, it's loads better than Ifrit's. Later on you wanna move onto Garuda's Axe and then even more down the line a Relic.
    As far as tanking, as Raldo said tanks meld HP to most of their gear so it's harder to reach your cap. Alternatively you could double meld some STR on your gauntlets since more DPS = more enmity. VIT also helps with this.

I use Mog Axe, double melded STR on gauntlets, double melded HP pants, double melded HP sabatons, double melded enmity cobalt plate belt, AF body and head, 1 STR ring, 1 ACC ring, +enmity earrings, +enmity wrists, and since I'm Gridanian I got the +attack and +crit attack necklace.
    Actually warriors dont have to meld hp into thier gear thats mostly for paladins
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast