Player
    Character
    Ralos Mikorius
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

Is Flame Lieutenant's bow worth it?

Just wondering if I should hold out for ifrit's bow or if this one is considered better.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    It's a lot better than Ifrit's bow even without the set bonus.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cidel Paratonnerre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Interesting.

And what about the Maelstrom's Bow?- The stats are different from the Flame Lieutenant's and no matter how I look @ it, Ifrit's Bow seems better unless I can get the stat bonus on Limsa's GC bow...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidel View Post
    Interesting.

And what about the Maelstrom's Bow?- The stats are different from the Flame Lieutenant's and no matter how I look @ it, Ifrit's Bow seems better unless I can get the stat bonus on Limsa's GC bow...
    Although the damage is slightly lower, the delay is quite a bit shorter and it makes up for it in dps as apposed to single hit damage. Even without the set bonus the dps of the Maelstrom's bow is still better than Ifrit's damage wise. Plus you get accuracy which is nice so you don't have to worry about missing as much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Amy is correct on both accounts. The DPS increase on the company bows just increase your damage by a large amount compared to Ifrit's just on the raw DPS rating.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lenz Sabre
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Just to confirm, is using the Storm Bow without the set bonus truly better than Ifrit's Bow? I've been unlucky with the drop on Ifrit's and I'm saving up the seals to get the Storm Bow, but since Storm Sergeant's Gear has more strength on it then anything it is doesn't seem like a good choice to go for the set bonus and sacrifice melded pieces.

Is the DPS increase substantial enough for the 25k seal pricetag?
    (0)

Player

DPS value is what you are looking at. Ignore the Raw damage number. Higher DPS means harder hitting Weapon skills and your LS if spammed on queue will equate to the listed DPS value (in a lag free world). Here is the top 3 bows right now

Artemis Bow > Garuda's Spine > Serpent Lieutenant's Bow ~ Storm Lieutenant's Bow ~ Flame Lieutenant's Bow

*Note the last 3 are all company bows and are respectively close enough to each other to call them equal IMO.

Ifrits Bow is yesterdays pick and hey if you got one laying around an none of the listed above sure use it. But Company bow is a better choice if you want to grind out the seals why you wait for a Garuda Spine.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Just look at the numbers too. Flame Lieutenant's bow is just outright better than Ifrit's bow on all fronts. The ~3-4 DPS increase is substantial, the damage and delay are both better on F.L. Bow, and the F.L. Bow has the same attack boost as Ifrit's bow, it's no contest. You don't have to worry about not getting the Acc bonus from the set, either. ARC/BRD has pretty good accuracy and if you get some DEX melded on gloves you shouldn't ever be missing. If you are, you can just eat food or wear acc rings.

Also, FYI, you can get the bow "for free". Finishing the rank up quest for Lieutenant gives you a Commemorative Coin which can be traded into any of the black market Qiqirn NPCs for 25,000 seals. Since you will most likely want to get the rank up anyway, there's no reason not to go after the F.L. Bow.
    (2)
    Last edited by Estellios; 07-21-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sarish Minamoto
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    Also, FYI, you can get the bow "for free". Finishing the rank up quest for Lieutenant gives you a Commemorative Coin which can be traded into any of the black market Qiqirn NPCs for 25,000 seals.
    I was going to save up 25k seals... thanks for saving my time
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    Higher base damage correlates to higher damage Light Shots. I would rate Flame Lt.'s higher than Garuda's Spine due to Light Shot's damage synergy with Barrage and charged Raging Strike.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast