Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ciel Ouranos
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Mounts that don't show the players' characters are lame...

Am I the only one or are other people disappointed too when we either seemingly transform into another creature/object or hide inside it?

The first one was the Lunar Whale. I'm not one to spend much money on cash shop cosmetics but I was very hyped about an 8-player mount. When I saw the previews of it though, not showing any riders, that made me completely lose interest in buying it. I gave them a pass because I thought maybe it was technical limitation to sync up 8 character models riding together or something.
    But they've kept adding more. The Rising Phoenix, the 4 Million MGP zeppelin thing, the Fall Guys rhino (I mean they could at least show our head sticking out it's backside a la Ace Ventura??). It just feels at this point like they were too cheap/lazy to pose our character models on them.
    And now I'm watching the video for the Dawntrail Collector's Edition "Ark" mount and I can't see a character riding it anywhere so it appears to be another one. I mean the mount is just a re-skin of Cruise Chaser, reconfiguration and all, and they managed to put character models on that just fine. What gives? Similar as with the Lunar Whale, it makes me not want to spend extra money for it because I don't want to encourage them to keep this up. This might be the first Collector's Edition I pass on.
    At PAX East Yoshi P said in Dawntrail we'd be getting about "1.5x more rewards" from content including more mounts. I sure hope they're not finding the resources to do this because they're planning to skip out on posing and animating character models on a bunch of them.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Selene Halflight
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Do you extend the same logic to mounts that alter the shape of the player character, or otherwise make them not able to be viewed as normal as the "Miw Miisv", "Level Checker". or those that are designed to not scale to the player character for interesting or intentional contrast(like the Tank, or Regalia)

If you've seen how the different effects and Armors can mess with implementing Mounts, or other visual effects.

It's understandable why some mounts, it just makes sense.

(But in the end, it's all Subjectives. The funny thing about the Rhino, is the fact it scales. Just like many other mounts. But not all Mounts Scale.)

Hopefully they do add things that you'll enjoy.

But them not showing the Character as you'd like isn't one of the issues overall.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    N'kilah Razhi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    But... the Lunar Whale is a giant spaceship from FF4. Wouldn't it be kind of weird seeing 8 people ride on top of it when it's main purpose was to travel between the planet and the moon?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Harunah Fae
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    i would love to have more mechanical mounts like the tankard , something with an actual cockpit to protect the character from weather , rain,snow and such...instead we have bunch of animals in weird "mounting" positions...looking at you gorilla...
    (2)
    why is WoW living rent free inside your heads?

Player
    Character
    Bun Vivant
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Personally, I only need three mounts:
    • Spectral Statice for solo travel -- for me, nothings beats its aesthetics
    • Garlond GL-IS for fast travel in new areas and for travel with a friend, and
    • the Regalia for 4-person expeditions
    So I don't care about other mounts -- not unless they offer a "mount" that is just Statice's wings on your back, I'd love that.

Tip: having a macro of "/ridepillion <2>" bound to a key takes a lot of the hassle out of riding pillion.
    (2)
    Alt platoon, six at EoC

Player
    Character
    Ciel Ouranos
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Espon View Post
    But... the Lunar Whale is a giant spaceship from FF4. Wouldn't it be kind of weird seeing 8 people ride on top of it when it's main purpose was to travel between the planet and the moon?
    I haven't played 4 so I wasn't aware. I wasn't sure if it was mechanical or an animal/alien. I see your point, however in FF14 it's just meandering around small scale areas like the rest of the mounts so I still think our characters could ride on top like they do the other whale mount.

Quote Originally Posted by GTK0HLK View Post
    Do you extend the same logic to mounts that alter the shape of the player character, or otherwise make them not able to be viewed as normal as the "Miw Miisv", "Level Checker". or those that are designed to not scale to the player character for interesting or intentional contrast(like the Tank, or Regalia)
    I'm not sure why that would be the same logic. I love how our characters are creatively posed and animated in/on those mounts. I particularly like when different races/genders have unique poses on the same mount. I love to see that level of effort from the devs to make them extra interesting.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Marcelloix Ostoiraint
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

mounts

you cry babys need to stop crying about everything.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Riot Trooper
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I want 6-sited garlean dropship that conceals you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mao Xifeng
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Mao would like see big multi-occupants flying warship where occupants each man a cannon whats each has own shooting emote controlled by that occupants.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Moira Maverick
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 86
    I disagree entirely. I love that we transform into the Rising Phoenix mount rather than ride on its back. I love it so much that I've seldom used any other mount since getting it.

To each their own.
    (6)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast