Character
    Meta Tron
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I think if I had to go back and skill up stuff in 14 I would just unsub

I'm completely bullshitting with the "I think" portion though.
    Agreed. Proponents of FFXI-style "Skillups" must enjoy paying SE to be miserable.

Here's the big problem with implementing skillups as a check on power-leveling - once you've hit 50, there's nothing stopping you from wailing on enemies for another couple of hours to level said skills - in fact, now it's easier and more afk-able than ever, thanks to your increased survivability!

Regardless of how you made it to 50, your skills will be uncapped, and it's just another x number of hours auto-attacking slightly harder mobs in a party. This does nothing to make a player better at their class and job. Why would anyone want to waste their time doing this?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Reeve Makoto
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    Unless of course, SE decides to be nice about the whole thing and just reward people the skill based on their current levels already, I'll still stand by my remark that it culls the more casual players from endgame activities for a while.
    SE... reward us?

Now come on Coheir you know better than that... :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by heit View Post
    SE... reward us?

Now come on Coheir you know better than that... :P
    I know... I can always dream cant I!? *cries in a corner*

:P
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Fei'yin Li'telor
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by nasomi View Post
    Initially the job/class xp was the "skill" because you had physical level. Now physical level is gone and your job/class is your level, but there's no skill level. I really want to see them bring it back. It prevents/deters powerleveling because who wants a 50whm with a healing skill of 30? Or a level 50 warrior that has no skill in ax. Then weapon skills would be related to skill level, not physical level, and abilities could be left to physical level. I realize that what we have now is hacked together due to massive changes in design, but I really hope this is addressed when things get revamped. Anyone else feel this way or am i alone?
    perfectly said, I agree entirely. As much as some love this PL system I for one am kinda ready to see it go. So many players PL'd completely and don't ascertain the understanding or skill for their job. Creating a huge gap in parties and how well a person can perform their position within the party. Be it dungeons, primals, simple parties, or NM hunting.. anything and above I've notice a huge difference in lvl of people not understanding how to even play their part yet are level 50... Taking PL away and bringing back skill ups gives the player time to build an understanding of their job, skill, and a overall completion feeling when they accomplish lvl 50. I know some may feel otherwise and want the lvls now, but I really think being able to lvl so fast is a very bad thing. I have a understanding thought that SE will be changing this with the release of 2.0 and lvling will become more difficult and PL out of the question.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I've PL'd every job I have and will continue to PL every job I will have.

I will never level a job via the natural order of things.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nazrakin Gorecleave
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If they really wanted to kill power leveling they could do so without having to introduce skill levels. Make it so that there is a steep exp penalty applied if anyone 5+ levels above the creature attacks it.

That said, if questing is going to be the most efficient means of leveling in 2.0 and grinding "won't work" -- then PLing, as we know it, is going to die off anyway.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I've PL'd every job I have and will continue to PL every job I will have.

I will never level a job via the natural order of things.
    Powerleveling is the current natural order of things. better start doing solo leves.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Nah, that ain't me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yucie Phoenix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NumenarMithrandir View Post
    perfectly said, I agree entirely. As much as some love this PL system I for one am kinda ready to see it go. So many players PL'd completely and don't ascertain the understanding or skill for their job. Creating a huge gap in parties and how well a person can perform their position within the party. Be it dungeons, primals, simple parties, or NM hunting.. anything and above I've notice a huge difference in lvl of people not understanding how to even play their part yet are level 50... Taking PL away and bringing back skill ups gives the player time to build an understanding of their job, skill, and a overall completion feeling when they accomplish lvl 50. I know some may feel otherwise and want the lvls now, but I really think being able to lvl so fast is a very bad thing. I have a understanding thought that SE will be changing this with the release of 2.0 and lvling will become more difficult and PL out of the question.
    Yoshi-P likes PLing. So, it's staying in the game. He himself has also said that leveling in 2.0 is going to be relatively easy.
    Games with a long, agonizing grind are a thing of the past, especially in the current market.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mog Net
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I wouldn't like to see skill ups make a return after XI, however something like merit points would be cool for people with classes/jobs at 50. I'd love to be able to push my stats past their limits to hit caps; or gain a new ability or reduce recast times etc.
    (1)

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast