Player
    Character
    Leo Leveilleur
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53

Plates

Hello all, I am a novice armorer and I'm really confused. I'm using the recipes listed on Eorzapedia for armorer and trying to make some things for fun and I'm having trouble making copper plates or iron plates. Is there an updated list in existence?

I've tried using the listed ones as two copper ingots + two fire shards as well as two iron ingots + two fire shards and several variations thereof.

I know this is paltry being that it is such a low level synth, but I would be very thankful to know.

Thank you veteran armorers!
    (0)
    Last edited by Avisaia; 07-11-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    http://mooglebox.com/recipe/armorernew.php

It looks like plates require Earth Shards.

Mooglebox is a great site, book mark it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Leveilleur
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    How do I specifically force it to use earth crystals? I switch to the crystal tab but it doesn't allow me to shove them into the synth. When I click on main hand it only gives me the option to make: Bronze Spearhead, Bronze War Axe Head, Bronze Sledgehammer Head, and Bronze Scythe Blade. Is it a recipe I have to earn? Time to threaten the npcs D:

**figured it out, thanks for that link btw
    (0)
    Last edited by Avisaia; 07-11-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    The game automatically uses the required shards as long as you have a sufficient amount.

If you're getting those options, then you have the wrong hammer equipped. Both Armorer and Blacksmith use "hammers" and those are Blacksmith recipes

Here are the recipes:

Copper Plate, Bronze Plate, Brass Plate, Iron Plate, Mythril Plate, Darksteel Plate.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sephrick; 07-11-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    If you're using a browser like Firefox or Google Chrome, I recommend adding Moogle Box's search field and the FFXIV Lodestone's Synthesis Search as Search Keywords.
    (right click on the search field, selecting Add Keyword for this Search, then at the Keyword field, typing something like MB (for Mooglebox) or Lode (for lodestone).

So in the future in your browser, you could type in the address bar:
    MB Mythril Plate

And it'll bring up search results from Moogle Box for Mythril Plate. Might help some on the convenience factor, might not. Just throwing it out there.
    (1)