Player
    Character
    Eclipse Haven
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

Absorb Effects - Can I Have It?

Something I really thought was great in XI was how you could actually see the HP being absorbed from the weapon strike and going into your character. Right now we just see numbers pop up. Ifrit Weapons have a great visual when they strike and their fire effect kicks in. How about when Moogle Weapons absorb HP? Something to give them a bit more spirit KUPO!

I realize probably wont happen now but hoping for this in the future of 2.0 I keep getting excited over that glowing paladin sword in the 2.0 battle sequence concept screen shot.

Thanks!
    (7)
    TMPST Est. 1.0
    Tempest Free Company of Hyperion

Hopefully in 2.0 they'll reintroduce it when they no doubt start introducing even more weapons with 'en-effects'. There's a lot of limitations on the current client in terms of display and even execution (trying continuing to run while you change gear for example) so there's a possibility it's something they already have planned for the new client.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I agree. It had that nice touch to it when you landed an absorbing blow and you could see it flow. It was one of the more impressive touches XI had.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecilia Amor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    One thing I would really love, and I have no idea if this is possible, would be if they could synchronize the UI client side, so that HP bars and such would deplete as you strike/are struck by enemies, instead of the UI acting before the animations even start. Takes a lot of fun/excitement away from grand and intricate attack animations when I already know how much damage they do before they even go off
    (1)

From what I remember they stated they purposefully made it out of sync due to stress on current version and they can easily unmask the fix they originally planned to implement, so with 2.0 they should hopefully sync it up, otherwise that too was a step behind their last FF MMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    The moogle weapons technically aren't absorbing HP even though "deal damage with a small chance of restoring some HP/MP" sounds a lot like it. It already has a visual effect too, stars will pop out when you strike and do a little bell-like sound.
    (0)