Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Not healing Damage Dealers

Dear White Mages,

I can understand healing can become a chore sometimes. I can understand how frustrating it can get when melees take damage they can avoid when they either get hate or whatnot. What confuses me is the fact that half the time, some of you White Mages aren't healing melee DD's at all. I just got out of a random party where I have no choice but to take damage from the Moogle King doing the MRD move. As you can tell by my HP bar in the party member section, I had red HP with no way to heal myself since you did not heal me previosly. Please White mages, your job is to heal the entire party, NOT just the tank. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    All the DD's

P.S. I've played CNJ and WHM in the past, it's not hard when you have TWO WHM in party... >.>
    (30)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Dear DD,

If the tank is taking a lot of damage, DD are just going to have to use an elixir.

If the tank is not taking a lot of damage and my HP is not down, I'll cure you, but I won't leave my spot to do it. Come in range.

Stop getting hit so much. I don't have the MP for TWO tanks.

Hiir, WHM
    (50)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Dear DD,

If the tank is taking a lot of damage, DD are just going to have to use an elixir.

If the tank is not taking a lot of damage and my HP is not down, I'll cure you, but I won't leave my spot to do it. Come in range.

Stop getting hit so much. I don't have the MP for TWO tanks.

Hiir, WHM
    Two healers should not require full attention on tank (Ifrit for example)

If the tank is not taking a lot of damage, YOUR job as a WHM is to heal. Mine is to damage deal. If everytime I needed a heal and had to move to you, I wouldn't be doing my job as a damage dealer.

If you read what situation I was talking about, you would understand that I have no choice but to get hit. The White Mages were in range. And I'm not tanking, I'm a melee damage dealer.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RegaDosei View Post
    This post is kind of stupid.
    This post is pointless and offers nothing to the topic. If you don't like the topic, don't post in the thread. K, thanks.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I also don't know why the hell whms are so averse to healing the melee in that fight. AOE regen and divine veil if you have a pld tank make healing in that fight so easy. You can spam Curaga on the melees and with 2 whms you should be able to hit everyone. The only thing that should be bringing people in any danger is Pom Flare and with enough DDs on the king he should get interrupted most of the time.

Don't get me started on people asking how it's possible for whms to heal melee during Ifrit.
    (13)
    Last edited by Estellios; 07-07-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    I also don't know why the hell whms are so averse to healing the melee in that fight. AOE regen and divine veil if you have a pld tank make healing in that fight so easy. You can spam Curaga on the melees and with 2 whms you should be able to hit everyone. The only thing that should be bringing people in any danger is Pom Flare and with enough DDs on the king he should get interrupted most of the time.

Don't get me started on people asking how it's possible for whms to heal melee during Ifrit.
    Lol on Ifrit. People complete it with one white mage now, and random groups still have two white mages focusing all their attention on the tank. Sad to say, but DRG and MNK can put some serious damage on Ifrit while also surviving hellfire better (more hp). But let's not turn this into me hating on BLM lol.

I didn't even get a regen or a stoneskin in that party. Weird part was, they were all Japanese and I thought they were better than the English community xD Stereotyping, I know but you know it's true.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Tyler Wevlum
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    When I whm I try to keep everyone at 100% because it's my job to and with 2 whms in moogle, healing the tank is trivially easy since half the time spamming stoneskin and regen on them is enough with the odd cure. Definitely noticed an aversion to whms healing DD at endgame though and that's assuming non-WAR DD get in endgame content x.x
    (10)
    The Ul'duh Inn is like an antique shop...full of crap and always closed.
    "You don't have to say anything, I just look at your life now and work backwards." - Black Books

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    You can spam Curaga.
    You can also get caught in animation lock and die.

People complete it with one white mage now
    Sure, you only need one when DD aren't getting hit. And if DD keep getting hit in Ifrit, no amount of heals are going to save them.

The OP was referring to King Moogle, especially at the end of the fight where the King is spamming WS that can deal anywhere from 800 to 1500 Damage at a time.

If the WHMs split their efforts between DD and Tank that might be a problem when the King does moogle eyeshot on the tank and then prepares Pomflare....

And both WHMs cures are on cooldown.

Someone's going to die in that situation. With Good WHMs it won't be the tank. DD is another story.
    (13)
    Last edited by HiirNoivl; 07-07-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tyler Wevlum
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    More I hear about this more I see us just basically resigned to anything that isn't a tank has no business being near a mob in endgame.
    (7)
    The Ul'duh Inn is like an antique shop...full of crap and always closed.
    "You don't have to say anything, I just look at your life now and work backwards." - Black Books

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I wouldn't that far. I've seen lots of monk parties defeat good King Mog. It's all in the Stun.

Yoshi has designed DD very well, only problem is, player's who don't take advantage of that design will call for heals in hope that WHMs will make up for it and then get mad when they get the WHMs voice mail.
    (2)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast