Player
    Character
    Tyler Wevlum
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    I wouldn't that far. I've seen lots of monk parties defeat good King Mog. It's all in the Stun.

Yoshi has designed DD very well, only problem is, player's who don't take advantage of that design will call for heals in hope that WHMs will make up for it and then get mad when they get the WHMs voice mail.
    Isn't the case. MP is such a non issue in this game for healing and practically every event there are 2 WHMS taking part. Yet for some reason healing DD is seen as a waste of MP.

Yes there are attacks DD can dodge and good DD will dodge, however a DD shouldn't be standing off in the distance to avoid moogle aoe other than King's aoe. Aside from the blm moogle who is easily stunned, the damage taken by drg and mnk from other random damage is ridiculously easy to heal yet it's being seen as a waste of MP. That's pretty WTF inducing and makes it understandable that currently most endgame strategy takes a very range-centric approach with 1 upfront war who tanks.
    (7)
    Last edited by Wevlum; 07-07-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    The Ul'duh Inn is like an antique shop...full of crap and always closed.
    "You don't have to say anything, I just look at your life now and work backwards." - Black Books

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Where did I say anything about MP in that post. My first post is true. Tanks take a lot of damage. I don't have MP for two tanks.

Yes Healing DD is simple most of the time and should happen most of the time, unless the WHM is just not paying attention (there are bad WHMs)

But see my first post.

I have the biggest issue with DD calling for heals out of range and expecting me to come dashing to their rescue. On Ifrit, I need to stay in my safe spot and pop a resonance if it's up to heal. Or stop all healing completely, run in range to them (cuz they ain't coming to me!), stop again and stand there and heal while I pray I don't get killed! (especially if I'm the only WHM).

In Moogle, when tons of stuff is going on, BLM Pomflare is what hits the DD hardest. One WHM should do a Curaga. Which is fine. What they should do is gather at the WHM when Pomflare hits, but that's not what happens. What happens is they scatter to the 4 winds and there's always one lone sheep in the red calling for a heal out of range.

Drives me bananas.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I don't know why you brought up animation lock when I was talking about spamming Curaga vs Moogles. If you are dying from pom flare on whm you are standing too close and are an idiot or not used to the fight yet.

If you get animation locked because you were Curing on Ifrit and die because of it then you or your group needs more practice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Meade
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 51
    I tend to get a bit of tunnel vision watching the tank but I try to keep buffs up on everyone within range and toss regens if I have the time and mp. I will run to you if I can but honestly like posted above people tend to scatter and there is no way I can hit everyone and I certainly cant run around casting 1-off cures.

But if you are taking damage and are within range I certainly will cure you. If I can safely (for everyone) get to you I will try to move and cure you.

I don't always cure DD who manages to pull hate every 30 seconds cuz then they never learn

Seriously tho, if you get hate I will <3 you if you run towards the tank who I am in range of healing anyway.
    (7)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyretta_Blaze View Post
    I tend to get a bit of tunnel vision watching the tank but I try to keep buffs up on everyone within range and toss regens if I have the time and mp. I will run to you if I can but honestly like posted above people tend to scatter and there is no way I can hit everyone and I certainly cant run around casting 1-off cures.

But if you are taking damage and are within range I certainly will cure you. If I can safely (for everyone) get to you I will try to move and cure you.

I don't always cure DD who manages to pull hate every 30 seconds cuz then they never learn

Seriously tho, if you get hate I will <3 you if you run towards the tank who I am in range of healing anyway.
    This. This is exactly what I'm trying to say. Read pls.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Random parties tend to be the worst when it comes to coordination.

But this is how I see my responsibility as a White Mage during a boss fight:
    #1 - Keep the tank alive, because if the tank goes down it usually means end of fight.
    #2 - Keep myself and another White Mage (if present) alive because if there is no one around to heal, then it usually means end of fight.
    #3 - Make sure I don't run dangerously low on MP mid-fight, because then I can't do #1. This means standing still most of the time, and a White Mage's spell range isn't that great.
    #4 - Keep the damage dealers alive if it doesn't conflict with #1 ~ #3.

As a White Mage main I hate to see anyone in the party die, so I will do #4 whenever possible... but it is still #4.

As for the Japanese community on Sargatanas, there are people who pay attention and those who don't.

The main difference between the Japanese and English speaking player population IMO, is that Japanese players don't openly show their frustration with the rest of the party or LS. It's just culturally unacceptable to do so.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Where did I say anything about MP in that post. My first post is true. Tanks take a lot of damage. I don't have MP for two tanks.

Yes Healing DD is simple most of the time and should happen most of the time, unless the WHM is just not paying attention (there are bad WHMs)

But see my first post.

I have the biggest issue with DD calling for heals out of range and expecting me to come dashing to their rescue. On Ifrit, I need to stay in my safe spot and pop a resonance if it's up to heal. Or stop all healing completely, run in range to them (cuz they ain't coming to me!), stop again and stand there and heal while I pray I don't get killed! (especially if I'm the only WHM).

In Moogle, when tons of stuff is going on, BLM Pomflare is what hits the DD hardest. One WHM should do a Curaga. Which is fine. What they should do is gather at the WHM when Pomflare hits, but that's not what happens. What happens is they scatter to the 4 winds and there's always one lone sheep in the red calling for a heal out of range.

Drives me bananas.
    Ifrit should be no excuse.

Melee dd's are in range of both white mages if they are standing in the spots that everyone else stands in. I used to heal on Ifrit, I know how it works.

And honestly, as a White Mage, YOU should be in range of everyone and not just the tank. That is YOUR job. Plus if you are in range of the tank, you are usually in range of the dd's.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I have a few rules about how I heal folks, and for the most part it works out well. For starters, the tank is my #1 priority. Depending on how the fight is going, I may not even have the focus to be constantly checking your HP as well, let alone chasing you down and healing you. Anything the DDs can do to make it easier for me to cure them is much appreciated.

For starters, it helps to be relatively close to the tank, if possible. If you're a ranged DD, well try to avoid getting hit in the first place (That's WHY you're a ranged DD). If you're a melee, however, this usually isn't a problem except on larger mobs. I generally prefer that people attack from the side when not comboing (Or hell, from the front if the mob doesn't have conal moves. Most do though), because healing you is as simple as tossing an AoE regen every minute and the occasional curaga. Being able to heal the tank and every DD is a lot better than having to chase down every single DD and offer them a checkup. Do note, however, that this does mean that in some fights DDs are a little more screwed than others. Fights like Batraal or Hamlet Defense where there are many different mobs to be fought means I cannot rely on AoEs. Which brings me to rule #3.

Come to me. Don't make me come to you. Healing is a very focus-intensive role, I have to constantly be on the lookout for damage spikes, buffs wearing, and painful AoEs. This means I am typically looking at the party HP (Primarily the tank's), and occasionally glancing at the chat log. I can't exactly afford to be looking at the main battlefield and keep tabs on where everyone is. Instead, I will choose an area of the map to sit in, and always return there if I have to run away so that the DD can run there if they need assistance. If I see a DD is in trouble, I will try and target them and toss out a cure, but if I can't target you, you're pretty shit out of luck. I usually don't have the time to pull up my map, wait for the little icons to load, and see which godforsaken corner of the map you're stuck in. If I can target you, but you're out of range, I may still run over and heal you if I'm not terribly busy, but I will be annoyed especially if I have to run away from higher priority targets. I'm also not going to keep chasing you if you're running away from me, I'm going to assume you've committed yourself to death and leave you to it.

As a white mage, it is my job to look after all my party members, and I do take that job seriously. As much as some people may give DDs shit for being an "easy" job, the fact is they still have an important job to do and they can't do it when they're dead. But taking care of yourself is also your priority. Making the job easier on your healer goes a long way towards a mutually beneficial relationship. Thank you for helping us help you all.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Tayana Estella
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikita View Post

But this is how I see my responsibility as a White Mage during a boss fight:
    #1 - Keep the tank alive, because if the tank goes down it usually means end of fight.
    #2 - Keep myself and another White Mage (if present) alive because if there is no one around to heal, then it usually means end of fight.
    #3 - Make sure I don't run dangerously low on MP mid-fight, because then I can't do #1. This means standing still most of the time, and a White Mage's spell range isn't that great.
    #4 - Keep the damage dealers alive if it doesn't conflict with #1 ~ #3.

As a White Mage main I hate to see anyone in the party die, so I will do #4 whenever possible... but it is still #4.

Exactly what I was thinking! 110% Agree with this! ^
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    My opinion, if you get hate and take damage, your a bad Damage dealer.

Most people like to blame the tank, or healer, because it's quick and an excuse to hide the fact you are a terrible damage dealer.

This is not directed at anyone, although if you find my post offensive, then your probably one of the 75% melee damage dealers who prbobably can't do their job right.
    (8)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast