The Raven, Nevermore (Plot Question)

Does "The Raven, Nevermore" play any role in the plotlines of Final Fantasy XIV?

Or is it literally just a bonus fight?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    No it doesn't, Yoshi stated when it was introduced that it was just a extra battle to test players abilities, and is in no way plays a role in the story line.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    From the patch notes (1.23a):
    This battle content presents some contradictions when played alongside the main story, as events following the battles are the same as those experienced during the quest "To Kill a Raven." Please note that these battles do not have to be completed to advance the story. "Rivenroad (Hard)" is currently the most punishing battle available in FINAL FANTASY XIV, and we intend for players to enjoy this as a special challenge after completing the main story.
    The best explanation I can give you is this. Think of it like a choose-your-own-adventure book.

Page 9: You encounter Van Darnus on a floating rock in the sky.
    If you would like to imagine that your character fought Van Darnus (normal), turn to page 10.
    If you would like to imagine that your character fought Van Darnus (hard), turn to page 11.

Page 10: You beat Van Darnus, turn to page 12.
    Page 11: You beat Van Darnus and took his bad-ass earrings, turn to page 12.
    Page 12: As the earth beneath your feet shook, you saw Cid's airship encircling the...[continued]

As far as the story is concerned, it is merely an alternate way to imagine that the Van Darnus battle took place.
    (1)

So...that ending of "omg we're all going off to fight, see you" that I got at the end of Living On A Prayer is -IT- for that quest line at the moment? :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I assume some event will occur from Nov. 1 ~ Nov. 11, but yes.
    (0)