Player
    Character
    Durk Dakilla
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

Best Axe?

Since there is not a post on this and I was wondering about it, I thought I would pose teh question. what are some good axes for lvl 50. I would like to know the best primal axe as well as (since I dont have any of those yet) what the best alternative is for if I just need to get one in the wards or from GC. Thanks for all the input.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rexus Kalev
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I think it goes something like this:

Garuda's >= Lieutenant Axes > Sergeant Axes (If you can keep sanction up) > Ifrit/Moogle (I prefer Moogle over Ifrit) > Sibolds Reach > Lower Tier GC Axes/Melded Axes
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I would agree with that assessment if the acc bonus from the Lieutenant's axe didn't come from wearing 5 pieces of flame gear. The truth is, most players will be taking a huge hit to their other gear's stats by wearing 4 other pieces of flame gear. I'll hold of saying this is absolute fact, because I don't know the result of the .1 DPS increase on your other stats. (It may only be significant if you've capped STR and VIT.)

Flame Lieutenant's Axe:
    Attack Power : +25, Defense : +5, Flame gear set (5): Accuracy +20
    DPS: 4.3

Flame Sergeant's Axe:
    HP : +50, Sanction: Attack Power +45
    DPS: 4.2

For sanction, you don't have to compromise your other gear. Having said that, what I'd like to see is some parse results using the same other pieces of gear (only changing the axe) because the Lieutenant's axe does have higher DPS than the sergeant's axe, which we know increases stat caps.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Henry Jekyll
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    I would agree with that assessment if the acc bonus from the Lieutenant's axe didn't come from wearing 5 pieces of flame gear. The truth is, most players will be taking a huge hit to their other gear's stats by wearing 4 other pieces of flame gear. I'll hold of saying this is absolute fact, because I don't know the result of the .1 DPS increase on your other stats. (It may only be significant if you've capped STR and VIT.)

Flame Lieutenant's Axe:
    Attack Power : +25, Defense : +5, Flame gear set (5): Accuracy +20
    DPS: 4.3

Flame Sergeant's Axe:
    HP : +50, Sanction: Attack Power +45
    DPS: 4.2

For sanction, you don't have to compromise your other gear. Having said that, what I'd like to see is some parse results using the same other pieces of gear (only changing the axe) because the Lieutenant's axe does have higher DPS than the sergeant's axe, which we know increases stat caps.
    I would like to add that Storm (Limsan) officer weapons come with accuracy prior to the 5 piece bonus, but only Storm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Konstantine Porphyrogenitos
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I prefer the sanction weapons myself. If you roll with a decent enough party and don't get gibbed all the time the +40 vitality sanction on the Storm Axe is huge for tanking as well as DD.

As for the Lieutenant's weapons I'm with Molly on this, I would not want to compromise my other gear so I could slot 5 storm pieces to get the bonus. Those slots can be better optimized with double melded/darklight gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    You could always use the GC jewelry and a GC belt which is pretty good most of the time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    You could always use the GC jewelry and a GC belt which is pretty good most of the time.
    I don't think there is that much good GC jewelry for WAR, so you still have to make a comprimise.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Earrings and Bracelet from Maelstrom offer attack power, crit attack power, and strength.

The belt is also nice for the vitality +4 Vitality

Legs could be another piece (only stats I know off the top of my head +80HP, +10 Strength, +10 Accuracy)

There's your 4 pieces for the Gear Bonus. You can equip any head/body/feet/arm/rings that you want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRiser View Post
    Earrings and Bracelet from Maelstrom offer attack power, crit attack power, and strength.

The belt is also nice for the vitality +4 Vitality

Legs could be another piece (only stats I know off the top of my head +80HP, +10 Strength, +10 Accuracy)

There's your 4 pieces for the Gear Bonus. You can equip any head/body/feet/arm/rings that you want.
    That would actually eliminate most +enmity gear asside from sentinels sabatons or dark light gear.

no matter what gc gear you choose for that bonus, there is a trade-off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 07-07-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    DPS gear and tanking gear are totally different anyway. Don't think it matters that much as long as you have a set for each.
    (0)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast