Thread: Best Axe?

Player

This is the 2nd best DPS weapon to the Bravura (41.63):

Rampager +1:

Damage: (176) HQ
    ------------------------- = 40.93 DPS
    Delay: 4.3s

Strength +7, Vitality +7, (Attack Power +15) HQ

Could this weapon double melded be the 2nd best axe in the game?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    At 40.77 dps, Garuda's is the second highest dps axe in the game and is for that reason superior to the gc axes (both dps and tanking). Stat caps increase based on dps (not damage) and dps is the factor in weapon skill damage (again not damage).

The higher stat cap, however comes with the bruden that you actuallyeet it (it's something like 345-350 str and 310/315 vit). So you need to be able to meet those caps without relying on weapon melds.

Also the relationship between dps and caps + ws damage means relic is also best for dd. the 50 enmity should be no problem even for a decent non-relic tank.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    This is the 2nd best DPS weapon to the Bravura (41.63):

Rampager +1:

Damage: (176) HQ
    ------------------------- = 40.93 DPS
    Delay: 4.3s

Strength +7, Vitality +7, (Attack Power +15) HQ

Could this weapon double melded be the 2nd best axe in the game?
    Oh and rampaged can't be worn by warrior and is thus trash for tank-wars unless being used as base for relic. Some have convincingly argued that MRD is superior single target dps... But when do you need to dd only one thing that you would t just go dragoon or monk?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    In regards to leuitenants weapons I'd say gridania has the best of the lot. the gc gear makes it pretty easy to hit the vit cap without sacrificing to much. and a decent pair of melded gloves should put your str up where it needs to be.

i think anyway......
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chie Kaisuri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I'd actually say, IMO, Maelstrom has the best GC Axes. For tanking, at least. Sarge's gives +40VIT from sanction and Lt gives a natural 20 ACC. Both are extremely good. Though Flame's Lt Axe is just raw power, which is also great for both DD and tanking. Just keep an eye on your ACC. Especially for Garuda.

I was so happy to finally get an Ifrit Axe drop the other night. Too bad I just now did the calculations and found out that my Lt Axe is slightly better overall lmao. While Ifrit's would pull slightly more weight (about a point or two overall), it'd be at a cost of +20 ACC from the Lt Axe. But at least I now know I am forever done with Ifrit. At least until Dark Knight is released... though by that time Ramuh might also be out. And I want a Lightning Scythe!

Anyway, overall, I'd probably say that Garuda's Scream is the best Axe overall in terms of utility and not counting the relic. Perfect for tanking, perfect for DDing, and looks cool too.

So while having the novelty of Ifrit/Moogle Axe is nice... I think the best course of action for all WARs is to just do caravans for a few days and get their Lt Axe (even if you're in Twin Adder) and use that until you get Garuda's or a relic. Skirmish Axe is also a possibility... but you'd need to get a successful triple meld of AP... and the chances of that happening are slim. Possible, but slim.

So after looking into it a lot, I think most WARs should look into these weapons only:
    -Storm/Flame/Serpent Lt. Axe (Good Placeholder until Garuda's Scream)
    -Giantsgall Axe melded with +Enmity (If you feel you need a little more Enmity for tanking)
    -Garuda's Scream (Pretty much the ultimate goal weapon for the average WAR)
    -Relic (If you really want to)
    -Ifrit/Moogle: Not bad by any means at all, but the Lt Axes are as good, if not a little better overall and easier to get. It's the difference between a few days of caravans for a guaranteed Lt Axe or taking the gamble of anywhere between 1-100 primal runs for the chance of getting a weapon to drop or enough items to trade for one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    I'd actually say, IMO, Maelstrom has the best GC Axes. For tanking, at least. Sarge's gives +40VIT from sanction and Lt gives a natural 20 ACC. Both are extremely good. Though Flame's Lt Axe is just raw power, which is also great for both DD and tanking. Just keep an eye on your ACC. Especially for Garuda.

I was so happy to finally get an Ifrit Axe drop the other night. Too bad I just now did the calculations and found out that my Lt Axe is slightly better overall lmao. While Ifrit's would pull slightly more weight (about a point or two overall), it'd be at a cost of +20 ACC from the Lt Axe. But at least I now know I am forever done with Ifrit. At least until Dark Knight is released... though by that time Ramuh might also be out. And I want a Lightning Scythe!

Anyway, overall, I'd probably say that Garuda's Scream is the best Axe overall in terms of utility and not counting the relic. Perfect for tanking, perfect for DDing, and looks cool too.

So while having the novelty of Ifrit/Moogle Axe is nice... I think the best course of action for all WARs is to just do caravans for a few days and get their Lt Axe (even if you're in Twin Adder) and use that until you get Garuda's or a relic. Skirmish Axe is also a possibility... but you'd need to get a successful triple meld of AP... and the chances of that happening are slim. Possible, but slim.

So after looking into it a lot, I think most WARs should look into these weapons only:
    -Storm/Flame/Serpent Lt. Axe (Good Placeholder until Garuda's Scream)
    -Giantsgall Axe melded with +Enmity (If you feel you need a little more Enmity for tanking)
    -Garuda's Scream (Pretty much the ultimate goal weapon for the average WAR)
    -Relic (If you really want to)
    -Ifrit/Moogle: Not bad by any means at all, but the Lt Axes are as good, if not a little better overall and easier to get. It's the difference between a few days of caravans for a guaranteed Lt Axe or taking the gamble of anywhere between 1-100 primal runs for the chance of getting a weapon to drop or enough items to trade for one.
    So do you recommend going for set bonuses or you talking just using weapon (re: GC weapons)?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Well if your in the Storm you can fill the set bonus requirement without too much debate. My personal preference is

Lieutenants Weapon (5 P.: +30 Atk)
    Storm Sergeant's Bracelets +3 Atk (3 P.: +7 STR)
    Storm Sergeant's Earring +4 Atk, (4 P.:+7 Crit. Atk. Pot)
    Lominsan Officers Overcoat +10 VIT, MND, STR, DEX (Sanction: +70 Def.)
    Storm Sergeant's Jackboots +30 Eva (2 P.: +10 DEX)

Opinions vary but you could also use the Lominsan Officers Gloves (+50 Acc with Sanction), Lominsan Officers Cap (+30 VIT with Sanction), or Storm Sergeant's Choker (+14 Heal M.Pot I think).
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    Well if your in the Storm you can fill the set bonus requirement without too much debate. My personal preference is

Lieutenants Weapon (5 P.: +30 Atk)
    Storm Sergeant's Bracelets +3 Atk (3 P.: +7 STR)
    Storm Sergeant's Earring +4 Atk, (4 P.:+7 Crit. Atk. Pot)
    Lominsan Officers Overcoat +10 VIT, MND, STR, DEX (Sanction: +70 Def.)
    Storm Sergeant's Jackboots +30 Eva (2 P.: +10 DEX)

Opinions vary but you could also use the Lominsan Officers Gloves (+50 Acc with Sanction), Lominsan Officers Cap (+30 VIT with Sanction), or Storm Sergeant's Choker (+14 Heal M.Pot I think).
    Hi Sword,

BTW, does the Lominsan's Officer's Overcoat count as a "piece" of "Storm gear" since it's still Maelstrom?

And do you like the Lominsan's Officer's Overcoat over the Storm Sergeant's Tabard (as a DD role)? (especially if you're not sure about deaths.)

Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
    BTW, does the Lominsan's Officer's Overcoat count as a "piece" of "Storm gear" since it's still Maelstrom?
    yes, everything you can equip from the gc headquarters (except the spbond jewelry, I think) counts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
    Hi Sword,

And do you like the Lominsan's Officer's Overcoat over the Storm Sergeant's Tabard (as a DD role)? (especially if you're not sure about deaths.)

Thanks.
    As Molly Said yes, every piece of GC gear regardless of the name as long as it's of the same GC affiliation it counts towards the total including the weapon/item itself.
    (1)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast