Player
    Character
    Mog Net
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Re-dye items

OK I know there has been discussions of new dyes etc. but it would be really nice just to be able to re dye an item with dyes we already have in game to match new pieces of gear. at the moment if I have red gloves with a double meld on I'm stuck with them that colour, so if I wanted them blue I would have to make a new pair and try double meld them again then sell my old ones. It would be a lot easier if I could just dye the gloves I have another colour.

So to summarize; not asking for new dyes, just the ability to re-dye.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mog Net
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    lol the answer to every question anywhere!

Is it possible to solve world hunger? don't worry, it's coming in 2.0!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Galliano View Post

Actually, and they have explained, the color of a piece of gear is actually directly tied to the gear itself. Instead of the game going "Okay, this a Toadskin Armguard. Now, what color is it? Pink? Okay paint it pink" instead it goes "Okay, what item is this? A Toadskin Armguard (Pink)? Alright, here's your Toadskin Armguard (Pink)".

Which means that to 'dye' a piece of gear a different color you are effectively crafting a new piece of gear, using the old one as material (so don't even try to dye your uncolored materia-melded gear, you WILL loose that materia).
    Yes it is a failure of the system (which did not have dyes in the old days, even! To make stuff colored you needed a different set of mats, also the color of gear defined certain added abilities), however it is a failure that requires updating the game's graphic engine and the way gear is stored in it's database, what means that, essentially, it's a thing only 2.0 can fix
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ren Da'beast
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Galliano View Post

they are adding more food recipes in 2.0 so yes
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Also there is a reason because of achievements.
    Adding color to an item counts as a synth.
    If we could re-dye an item it would be retarded easy to get many achievements.
    Make one item, dye it 3000 times.
    (2)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Actually, and they have explained, the color of a piece of gear is actually directly tied to the gear itself. Instead of the game going "Okay, this a Toadskin Armguard. Now, what color is it? Pink? Okay paint it pink" instead it goes "Okay, what item is this? A Toadskin Armguard (Pink)? Alright, here's your Toadskin Armguard (Pink)".

Which means that to 'dye' a piece of gear a different color you are effectively crafting a new piece of gear, using the old one as material (so don't even try to dye your uncolored materia-melded gear, you WILL loose that materia).
    Yes it is a failure of the system (which did not have dyes in the old days, even! To make stuff colored you needed a different set of mats, also the color of gear defined certain added abilities), however it is a failure that requires updating the game's graphic engine and the way gear is stored in it's database, what means that, essentially, it's a thing only 2.0 can fix
    While this is the correct technical reason why we have to wait for 2.0 for this, I need to correct you in that you do not lose materia if you dye an undyed item. You do lose materia, if you upgrade a piece of gear to be more specialized (for example, making Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves into Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves of Slaying will clear all materia on it).
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    I just want more color options in general. why can a Cobalt Cuiras only be silver blue or red? Why not black, gold, illuminous pink? (well maybe not illuminous pink but still.)

Or even white...... Louisoux dude has white sabatons. so I would assume the model is there and I think the militia stuff is white?

Would be nice if I could make my mnks af a different colour dye it red with the blood of my enemies....

so yeah i just want more colors options in general
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Louisoux is wearing the white militia sabatons.
    (1)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    While this is the correct technical reason why we have to wait for 2.0 for this, I need to correct you in that you do not lose materia if you dye an undyed item. You do lose materia, if you upgrade a piece of gear to be more specialized (for example, making Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves into Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves of Slaying will clear all materia on it).
    Oh.
    I am deeply sorry for the goof-up, then! I have actually been holding back on tossing materia on my dyeables in order to not loose it, good to know!
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast